British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

Doyle. Is currently outside top 8,given his injuries and lack of top form this year he might required a wild card!!

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

I don't like that.   RIders should be allowed to qualify under there own steam.   Not rely on picks which are open to all sorts of bad stuff.

I did say many wouldnt... and there we have the issue 

• Like 1

IMO it was a suspense meeting. Kolodzej next year don‘t underestimate him. His riding last night compared to Zagar, Kasprzak lr Milik was outstanding. JK a worthy winner of the Challenge. It was a gaters paradise, but still a better meeting than SGP Horsens ...

Iversen still going strong, when you saw how Lindbäck rode in his first two heats, and latter how he could beat Cook in the runoff, I loved that.

Fricke was unlucky but a promise for the future. And I still think, German GP should be better in Landshut than Teterow.

There were quite a few from this line up that could have been a top three finisher but in the end we see three former GP riders back in the series and all in their thirties. Kolodiej is still a strong rider and on a par with Zagar but Iversen and Lindback should be outside the top eight and will have the odd meeting where they don't struggle. 

Was hoping Pawlicki, Fricke and Lambert could have made it but by all reports it was very much a gathers track and seen a few heats on social media and looked to be a gathers paradise mostly which is a shame for such an important meeting.

Only one GB rider next year or will Lambert get a wild card ? Hope now Kolodiej is in that they still consider Hampel returning as only injury has kept him away or even Drabik up for a wild card. See who finishes top eight but think the current top eight will remain top eight

2 hours ago, tarkens said:

do you keep misspelling his last name on purpose or what's that about?

The important thing is..... you knew who I meant. :) ………. Janusz Kołodziej    (cut & paste so that's cheating   :rolleyes:)

Edited by OveFundinFan

It's too early to talk about Wild Cards,   but rest assured if Doyle doesn't make the top 8 he,  as a recent World Champion,   he would be a near on guaranteed choice you could find......  Usually the Wild Cards are normally use to give excising riders another chance.  Very seldom do they use the opportunity to bring in new blood..  

6 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Only one GB rider next year or will Lambert get a wild card ? Hope now Kolodiej is in that they still consider Hampel returning as only injury
has kept him away or even Drabik up for a wild card. See who finishes top eight but think the current top eight will remain top eight

I doubt that Hampel is even remotely considered for a wild card. With Kolodziej and Janowski (unless long term injured) already safe for 2019 the
only way they hand out a wild card to a Polish rider is if Dudek misses out on top 8 and then it'll be Dudek who gets the wild card.

Heat 21 from yesterday:
https://www.facebook.com/speedwaylive.hu/videos/10156627608848824/UzpfSTIyNTIzNzkwNzc2OToxMDE1NjUwMjI5NjYwNzc3MA/
A few more heats can be found at Speedway live's facebook page.

10 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Heat 21 from yesterday:
https://www.facebook.com/speedwaylive.hu/videos/10156627608848824/UzpfSTIyNTIzNzkwNzc2OToxMDE1NjUwMjI5NjYwNzc3MA/

I watched the whole meeting live on Saturday via this guy's Facebook page ... If you go through his posts it is all here ...Great stuff

https://m.facebook.com/dmclmotoclub/

Edited by Grand Central

12 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

I doubt that Hampel is even remotely considered for a wild card. With Kolodziej and Janowski (unless long term injured) already safe for 2019 the
only way they hand out a wild card to a Polish rider is if Dudek misses out on top 8 and then it'll be Dudek who gets the wild card.

Heat 21 from yesterday:

There is no limit to the number of riders allowed from one country and Kolodiej Zmarzlik Janowski are pretty safe and I think Dudek would finish top eight or get a wild card. Hampel however finished second to Woffinden and only injury has stopped him being in the series since. 

With the the money and sponsors in the Series heavily coming from Polish connections, he should be up there for consideration along with Drabik who will no doubt be World U21 Champion again. Having five quality riders from one country would be fine and would certainly think Hampel is deserving a wild card as much as those also on the list. 

Nicki Pedersen maybe the pantomime villan but hasn't shown much in the GPs for some time, Holder the same in many ways and Zagar usually has a run of results to keep him in contention but so far his best score is just nine points in Warsaw. Doyle will get a wild card for sure but Cook, Pawlicki and Vaculik unlikely to be back.

So four wild cards would be Doyle for sure, then it's who deserves it the most from Holder, Pedersen, Zagar, Hampel, Drabik or Leon Madsen who is possibly the best rider at the moment not in the GP series. 

7 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

There is no limit to the number of riders allowed from one country and Kolodiej Zmarzlik Janowski are pretty safe and I think Dudek would finish top eight or get a wild card. Hampel however finished second to Woffinden and only injury has stopped him being in the series since. 

With the the money and sponsors in the Series heavily coming from Polish connections, he should be up there for consideration along with Drabik who will no doubt be World U21 Champion again. Having five quality riders from one country would be fine and would certainly think Hampel is deserving a wild card as much as those also on the list. 

Nicki Pedersen maybe the pantomime villan but hasn't shown much in the GPs for some time, Holder the same in many ways and Zagar usually has a run of results to keep him in contention but so far his best score is just nine points in Warsaw. Doyle will get a wild card for sure but Cook, Pawlicki and Vaculik unlikely to be back.

So four wild cards would be Doyle for sure, then it's who deserves it the most from Holder, Pedersen, Zagar, Hampel, Drabik or Leon Madsen who is possibly the best rider at the moment not in the GP series. 

I don't think they want too many from 1 country in the GPs,as Ghostie say's.There might not be a written limit,but I am sure there is one in peoples thoughts

As for Madsen,it is a no-goer really as has been mentioned often enough.He has no real backing in Denmark.Was 2010 the last time(the only time)he received a wild card in the Danish GP?And has no big fan base.Has never qualified for the GPs and looks like it will be another couple of years before he gets his next chance......

Would any rider outside the current SGP series really benefit the competition? I don't see anyone who would really come in and challenge the top 6.  Potentially Madsen but he hasn't done anything in the SEC that makes you think he could mix it with the very best

I think JK will do well (7th to 11th place). NKI and AL its harder to make a case for based on 2018 league form but you would hope having gone through the effort to qualify they will up their game in 2019.  Obviously very talented riders who have both won GP's. Also don't forget Lindback's heroic performances in the 2017 speedway world cup where he single handedly took it to the Poles. There is a good rider under there!

One last point Hampel. Got to feel for the guy. So unlucky with injuries. Hopefully he might get one more shot at the SGP

There can be up to 12 Polish/any one nation riders in the GP if theyre there on merit/qualified. But honestly, cant see it happening that they would give a wild card for any fifth rider or even a fourth. Fourth might have happened, but fifth no way. There’s no point in doing so.

50 minutes ago, James Carter said:

One last point Hampel. Got to feel for the guy. So unlucky with injuries. Hopefully he might get one more shot at the SGP

I hope so too, but only by qualifying. Not by having a "pick"

15 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I hope so too, but only by qualifying. Not by having a "pick"

But he only went out of series due to injuries