British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

On 7/28/2018 at 9:34 PM, tellboy said:

Iversen isn't in the Gp's:blink:

I remembered that 10 seconds after posting. Call it a senior moment.

• Like 1

Official video from the event

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But there is a limit per nation in ice racing (to keep the Russian out!), and I believe this also applies for speedway and long-track. Is it four or five riders as a maximum per nation?

1 hour ago, Bavarian said:

But there is a limit per nation in ice racing (to keep the Russian out!), and I believe this also applies for speedway and long-track. Is it four or five riders as a maximum per nation?

5 or six and me thinks it was created to keep the LT worlds open and not a german national.

5 hours ago, f-s-p said:

5 or six and me thinks it was created to keep the LT worlds open and not a german national.

German domination of the long tracks is a thing of the past now.

Think that whoever gets 9th and 10th this season will be back in again.

Cant see how Holder, Vaculik , Pawlicki and Cook will get one.

The top 6 are set and then its any two from Laguta, Emil, Doyle , Zagar and Pedersen for the last two places. Personally i think Doyle will get in and then i would imagine any two from 3, maybe all 3.

Would you then look to the challenge for the last place? Well Cook and Lambert just missed out in that but i would imagine with his performances in the SEC and the nations event that Lambert would get that nod ahead of Cook.

The riders going into the GP have to better surely than the ones dropping out.

Can anybody actually say that a Milik is more deserving than Pedersen?

I dont care about fresh blood i want the best possible line up.

Lets say Doyle gets in then i would have the wildcards as Laguta/Emil (whoever misses out) Zagar, Pedersen and Lambert

Edited by Gavan

I think most would agree with you Gavan which is a very rare occasion :lol:

Is Lambert better than Vaculik or Holder? Not sure he is BUT he has more potential and would like to see him get the nod. A pofium finish in SEC would hrlp the argument 

1 hour ago, waiheke1 said:

I think most would agree with you Gavan which is a very rare occasion :lol:

Is Lambert better than Vaculik or Holder? Not sure he is BUT he has more potential and would like to see him get the nod. A pofium finish in SEC would hrlp the argument 

I dont believe Robert is better that Vaculik but Holder yes 100%

Holder has been off the pace all season and was lucky this year to get a wildcard so i dont believe he should get another one.

Vaculik has won a gp so yes there is an arguement there i guess.

Otherwise there will be a very good case that those 9-12 will be the 4 wild cards. they could easily go Laguta/Emil , Zagar, Pedersen , Holder/Vaculik.

For me the big question is quality not just bringing in new faces hey have to be as good as if not better.

I get fed up with those knocking Hancock. Yes he is a gating tart and not my favourite rider but he produced a masterclass of race riding to keep Zmarzlik behind him.

Would it be boring to have 4 same riders back? Maybe but give me Laguta , Emil or Zagar or Pedersen over a Milik anyday

• Like 1

Last year on BSF the "in" riders for a wild card were Lebedevs and Milik. Had they got wild cards, seeing what we see "today", would those have been a good choice.  I thiok not.  There is a massive difference being a good rider in the Polish League, and being a GP rider where you got to be battling away every two weeks.  And that's why I a bit iffy about Lambert. Sure he can mix it in top events as he is showing, but has he got it at his young age to mix it in the GPs on a regular basis.  Remember Vaculik bounced on the scene a few years ago winning a GP, got a pick for the next year and struggled.  He went out of GPs for 3 or 4 years by his own choice… I remember reading he said he wanted more experience and time to mature as a rider.  He come back and been hit by injuries which I held him up, but it shows there is a difference between putting 6 or 7 good rides together for a meeting and delivering consistency over a GP season.  Laguta is a gater, Emil is way off form (lack of rides cause he does'nt ride Swedish league), if Pedersen can keep some form, Zagar comes back doing well, I can see those getting WC pick, and possibly Holder he he has now hit rock bottom and on his way up again (last night was a v.good performance and he mixed it.  

Tbf Milik over holder wouldn't neccesarily have been a bad choice - suspect Milik would have scored similarly to Holder.

Lebedevs has been poor this season and would likely be battling with Cook for 14th.

Not sure you can comparr Lambert to those two. He's a young rider having his breakthrough season. Unlikely to finish top 10 next season but you could see him doing itvin his second gp season. 

13 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Last year on BSF the "in" riders for a wild card were Lebedevs and Milik. Had they got wild cards, seeing what we see "today", would those have been a good choice.

Maybe, maybe not, we won't know until they are given the chance to show what they can do.

Milik is a young up and coming rider with great talent.
I don't think he would be a top 8 candidate the first season. The SGP is a tough series and apart from skill/Talent you need very good
backing and experience to succeed. Then one can't know from one season to another if a rider, especially young riders, will drop his level a bit.

2 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Maybe, maybe not, we won't know until they are given the chance to show what they can do.

BUT, I said “seeing what we see “today”, meaning what is this years form compared to last years, and I see neither is performing this year compared to last year, IMO. Look at the two Pawlicki brothers, doing well in their leagues, stick em in the GPs and they flopped, what do I remember Piotr for in his two years - false starts and dropping his bike on receipt of slightest nudge. 

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

BUT, I said “seeing what we see “today”, meaning what is this years form compared to last years, and I see neither is performing this year compared to last year.

Milik have increased his average in Sweden though from 1.722 to 1.861. 
Holder have increased 1.651 to 1.660. So while they may have been less good in Poland,  at least Milik have improved in Sweden
compared to last year. Milik's change in average from 1.722 to 1.861 is an 8 percent increase.

In my mind Milik should have no chance at all of getting a wild card, his form this season hasnt been good enough and he is not as good as any of the riders he will be replacing

Simple fact is that outside of a top few, the previous seasons form does not indicate the where or whereabouts they will be the next season. Doyle & Lebedevs this season. Antonio & Vaculik after 2012, Kasprzak after coming 2nd in 2014, Holder after finishing 4th in 2016 there are many examples  that you just dont know how someone will do the next season. Tai getting the 2013 Wild Card being the ultimate example of course,.

And with the WildCard picks will always be somewhat controversial. But 9/10  if common sense prevails most people will be happy...

Edited by RPNY