British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

I think you are either being too positive or exaggerating the quality of what riders we have in this country. For instance, if you can name a dozen British riders better than either Zagar (Slovenia) or Lebedevs (Latvia) you are doing well.

British final 2017

1) Craig Cook 14+3

2) Steve Worrall 11+2

3) Rory Schlein 10(+2)+1

4) Ben Barker 11(+3)+0

5) Scott Nicholls 10(+1)

6) Danny King 10(+0)

7) Richie Worrall 9

8) Chris Harris 9

9) Richard Lawson 9

10) Paul Starke 6

11) Lewis Kerr 5

12) Lewis Rose 5

13) Kyle Howarth 4

14) Stuart Robson 4

15) Jason Garrity 3

16) Carl Wilkinson 0

17) Jack Smith 0

18) Andy Mellish 0.

I wonder if the ACU (presumably Tony Steele) even requested any more than three places ?

Was there even a debate within the CCP or did the 'same again' just go through on the nod ?

I wonder if the ACU (presumably Tony Steele) even requested any more than three places ?

Was there even a debate within the CCP or did the 'same again' just go through on the nod ?

Havent seen this years request list, but last year ACU was asking for 6 slots.

I think you are either being too positive or exaggerating the quality of what riders we have in this country. For instance, if you can name a dozen British riders better than either Zagar (Slovenia) or Lebedevs (Latvia) you are doing well.

Lebdevs you're right, I was being a bit flippant but Zagar won't be in the qualifiers, so in reality I could name about 20 Brits ahead of anything Slovenia could send.

Havent seen this years request list, but last year ACU was asking for 6 slots.

And do you know why they were knocked back to three, when weaker nations were given more?

Lebdevs you're right, I was being a bit flippant but Zagar won't be in the qualifiers, so in reality I could name about 20 Brits ahead of anything Slovenia could send.

I would think its a certaintity that Zagar WILL be in the qualifiers- he did this year and im sure will do the same next. Edited by racers and royals

And do you know why they were knocked back to three, when weaker nations were given more?

This was discussed earlier and moominman also pointed to that direction. I think I was one of the first to say on here, that FMN's reputation of hosting meetings was taken in to consideration. Which in fact I thought would work in favour of ACU.

But honestly, I have know idea why you not get 4 or 5 slots.

This was discussed earlier and moominman also pointed to that direction. I think I was one of the first to say on here, that FMN's reputation of hosting meetings was taken in to consideration. Which in fact I thought would work in favour of ACU.

But honestly, I have know idea why you not get 4 or 5 slots.

We didnt get 4 or 5 slots because beyond BWD our depth is poor.

GB however is a different story 😉

Happy 100 birthday FSP!

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 1

We didnt get 4 or 5 slots because beyond BWD our depth is poor.

GB however is a different story

Happy 100 birthday FSP!

Thanks, was a good one! :t:

• Like 1

Sweden announced their riders today.

Kval till Grand Prix:

VM kval 1 Zarnovica, Slovakien den 19 maj: Antonio Lindbäck

VM kval 2 Slangerup, Danmark den 19 maj: Kim Nilsson & Jacob Thorssell

VM kval 3 Lonigo, Italien den 19 maj: Linus Sundström & Andreas Jonsson

VM kval 4 Abensberg, Tyskland den 21 maj: Peter Ljung

Reserver GP kval: Pontus Aspgren & Tomas H Jonasson

How they determine the reserves for the Challenge this year? Cant find the text...

18 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

How they determine the reserves for the Challenge this year? Cant find the text...

We don`t yet know how they are going to work out the qualifiers for the final- let alone the reserves :D

Presumably Germany must have a wildcard for the Landshut final- so it can`t be 4 from each qualifier. So is it 3 from each and 3 picks from the FIM + the wildcard ?

I will have to ask Armando ;)

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

We don`t yet know how they are going to work out the qualifiers for the final- let alone the reserves :D

Presumably Germany must have a wildcard for the Landshut final- so it can`t be 4 from each qualifier. So is it 3 from each and 3 picks from the FIM + the wildcard ?

I will have to ask Armando ;)

Yes we do, since Feb 15th.

12 Riders from Qualif. Rounds (3 from each)

+ 3 FIM CCP Bureau Wild Cards

+ 1 FMNR Wild Card accepted by CCP Bureau

Edited by f-s-p

11 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Yes we do, since Feb 15th.

12 Riders from Qualif. Rounds (3 from each)

+ 3 FIM CCP Bureau Wild Cards

+ 1 FMNR Wild Card accepted by CCP Bureau

Aren`t I clever suggesting what they have done :D As for the reserves they might go 1st reserve from 4th place in Qualifier 1 2nd reserve 4th place in qualifier 2 etc etc. If any of the 3 picks are 4th placed finishers then they go 4th place left  and then 5th place. Does that make sense ;)

Edit If you knew in February- why didn`t you post it.:D

Edited by racers and royals

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Aren`t I clever suggesting what they have done :D As for the reserves they might go 1st reserve from 4th place in Qualifier 1 2nd reserve 4th place in qualifier 2 etc etc. If any of the 3 picks are 4th placed finishers then they go 4th place left  and then 5th place. Does that make sense ;)

Edit If you knew in February- why didn`t you post it.:D

Yes, sorry about holding back. To my defense I'll just state that sportowefakty probably had them public before Lydia had them published. So in reality I'm not to blame... :lol::lol:

They ditched the "reserve qualifying" system last year or year before. So that no one had to travel accross Europe to start with #18 on his chest. Instead they went with FMNR riders. Cant see any reason why change back, but also cant see the text in the book stating what the system is.

And... I know the Finnish riders for the qualis too... B) But I'll sit on the press release until next tuesday just to humour you :o:o :lol: