British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

All the hype around Bewley in the UK is letting Robert Lambert slip nicely under the radar. 8 from 3 to follow up a strong start to the season. 

46 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Not the best of starts for Dan Bewley, getting himself excluded for having the wrong helmet colour.

Struggling against rider's he should be beating too, could be the meeting that rules him out the Speedway of Nations. 

Just now, Daniel Smith said:

Struggling against rider's he should be beating too, could be the meeting that rules him out the Speedway of Nations. 

He's only in line for the Speedway of Nations because the first meeting is at Belle Vue, anywhere else in the world and he wouldn't of been in my opinion. For what it's worth, I believe it should be Woffinden, Cook and Lambert. Chances are Lambert will take rides at Belle Vue and probably most of Cook's in Poland. Bewley's doing brilliantly but no need to rush him.

Let's calm down on young Dan, tonight was only ever gonna be experience for him. Maybe concentrate on Lambert, he's really kicked on a level in 2018, great to see. 

52 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Harsh on Dan. I'm not sure anyone expected anything much in this earthly venture out at this level.

A silly mistake in his first one, so behind the others on track knowledge for his second and lost a point due to mechanical problems. 

He has done reasonably in his last 3, including beating Lambert ;)

This will surely have been good experience, but I'm still not convinced that he's ready to be thrown into the World Cup. 

11 minutes ago, HenryW said:

He has done reasonably in his last 3, including beating Lambert ;)

I guarantee no other country in the world would have let this happen with Lambert needing a win to progress

We really are the best at making things hard for ourselves

• Like 4

Come on Bomber, would really p!$$ a few off if he qualified for the 2019 series :) 

19 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I guarantee no other country in the world would have let this happen with Lambert needing a win to progress

We really are the best at making things hard for ourselves

This. Well done to Bewley for recovering like that but by heck that was dumb!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Welwyn said:

This. Well done to Bewley for recovering like that but by heck that was dumb!

Spot on. Ridiculous when you think about it, still a good result for Robert. Comfortably the most difficult qualifier this year I'd suggest.

• Like 2

Bewley is still a novice, albeit a brilliant one. I worry about him being fast tracked a, into meetings like this and b, into Polish League racing. Not because of ability, just give the kid chance to enjoy his racing relatively pressure free & develop naturally. And give him a chance in the close season to set up bikes & mechanics in the various countries that will give him the best chance to flourish. 

Edited by mikec

Voi paska ku se oli niin lähellä taas!

7 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Voi paska ku se oli niin lähellä taas!

Auto correction on your phone playing up again?

• Thanks 1

Challenge qualifiers so far:

Matej Zagar
Antonio Lindbäck
Janusz Kolodziej

Krzysztof Kasprzak
Jack Holder
Niels Kristian Iversen

Kenneth Bjerre
David Bellego
Kevin Wolbert

Abensberg 1
Abensberg 2
Abensberg 3

Local wildcard (Kai Huckenbeck)
FIM wildcard
FIM wildcard
FIM wildcard

Full results from todays qualfiers: https://www.baansportfansite.nl/series/189/2018-speedway-grand-prix-kwalificatie.html

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Same old faces it seems 

cream rising to the top.   It would be nice to see a new face or two but a few from that list I'd rather not see in 2019 GP's.