British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I guarantee no other country in the world would have let this happen with Lambert needing a win to progress

We really are the best at making things hard for ourselves

Now now ,we complained enough when Penhall let his buddies get some points.Dan doesnt deserves critisisum ,he got his chance on merit.Lambert seems to have moved up a level this season,good luck to him.

At the very least both bomber and Lambert must have put themselves in position for a fim wildcard

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I guarantee no other country in the world would have let this happen with Lambert needing a win to progress

Brits have helped each other in the past...I guess the question is maybe whether there was anyone there to make the riders aware of the situation.

In his first big meeting I can imagine that Dan wouldn't have been thinking about permutations for others...Even Robert might not have been thinking of Dan as a threat given his performance up to then...they would have needed someone to have a word...and I'm guessing no-one did that.

Edit - Just saw teaboys comment. Hopefully Lambert will get one of the wildcards. Harris, not so much.

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Your post brought memories back to when i was at Pfaffenhofen for the World U21 Final 1982, Loram had completed his 5 rides, it meant if Adams won his last ride he won the meeting.

Adams was off gate 4 and Dave Norris off gate 3, remember Ian Thomas & John Berry giving Norris a right talking to, telling him he must stop the run of Adams on the first turn.

Thomas last word of advice to Norris was, make the gate and don't turn left till you hit the fence!!! Happy days

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikec said:

Bewley is still a novice, albeit a brilliant one. I worry about him being fast tracked a, into meetings like this and b, into Polish League racing. Not because of ability, just give the kid chance to enjoy his racing relatively pressure free & develop naturally. And give him a chance in the close season to set up bikes & mechanics in the various countries that will give him the best chance to flourish. 

Couldnt disagree more and it hasnt worked in the past.. the polish kids are far and away the best in the world because they get used to riding under pressure early on. Tai Woffinden also rode in Poland early in his carrer and he is our only top line rider... if you want to get to the top you need to get used to riding under pressure  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Couldnt disagree more and it hasnt worked in the past.. the polish kids are far and away the best in the world because they get used to riding under pressure early on. Tai Woffinden also rode in Poland early in his carrer and he is our only top line rider... if you want to get to the top you need to get used to riding under pressure  

Pity that Tsi isn't 'ours' anymore though, he might as well be Polish not racing in his home country! 

Something that I never want to see Robert n Dan do but that's me.... 

10 minutes ago, Trees said:

Pity that Tsi isn't 'ours' anymore though, he might as well be Polish not racing in his home country! 

Something that I never want to see Robert n Dan do but that's me.... 

I am quietly confident that that is in the long term game plan for Robert and Dan because those who are most talented deserve the best rewards. And those best rewards are in Poland, Sweden and the GP. If you get to that level it is hardly worth doing the UK for the rewards on offer. That is what Tai is doing now and the very best of British talent who can truly cut the mustard, will emulate him. And Good Luck to them. The relatively low level financial rewards here are as a result of mis-management by British promoters over the last 20 years. 

Said a couple of seasons ago that Lasse Fredricksen from Norway looks a good prospect.He has had a fairly decent weekend with 15 points but losing out on the semi final at Gustrow then this performance in Slangerup

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I am quietly confident that that is in the long term game plan for Robert and Dan because those who are most talented deserve the best rewards. And those best rewards are in Poland, Sweden and the GP. If you get to that level it is hardly worth doing the UK for the rewards on offer. That is what Tai is doing now and the very best of British talent who can truly cut the mustard, will emulate him. And Good Luck to them. The relatively low level financial rewards here are as a result of mis-management by British promoters over the last 20 years. 

Hope you’re wrong m8, it’s a personal choice by Tai to not race here, others have done all leagues over the years and become World Champion, of course riders from other European countries have to race in their own league, I like that rule :)

The GP qualifying is tough this year isn't it? Lambert and Bomber unlucky not to qualify although I think Lambert will get a wildcard. 

We'd all (well most) like Tai to ride here but if he felt his schedule was too busy with three leagues and GP's then Britian was always the league he was going to drop. I think his results since cutting down speak for themselves.

bomber is the top scoring non qualifier so more than anybody he deserves a wild card but there should be no wildcard at all at world championship level 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Hope you’re wrong m8, it’s a personal choice by Tai to not race here, others have done all leagues over the years and become World Champion, of course riders from other European countries have to race in their own league, I like that rule :)

Why do you whinge & cry so much about Woffinden not riding in this country when judging by most of your post's you don't like the bloke. So why would you want to go and watch him, therefore making his appearence in this country irrelevant to you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

bomber is the top scoring non qualifier so more than anybody he deserves a wild card but there should be no wildcard at all at world championship level 

I think Hampel scored the same as Bomber in a slightly harder meeting