British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

20 minutes ago, waiheke1 said:

Lambert, Hampel, Milik likely candidates for the wildcard places?

Possibly. Hopefully FIM announce them before Cardiff, might be a few guys looking on a wildcard as a possibly way back-in at the halfway stage. 

13 hours ago, HenryW said:

Brits have helped each other in the past...I guess the question is maybe whether there was anyone there to make the riders aware of the situation.

In his first big meeting I can imagine that Dan wouldn't have been thinking about permutations for others...Even Robert might not have been thinking of Dan as a threat given his performance up to then...they would have needed someone to have a word...and I'm guessing no-one did that.

Edit - Just saw teaboys comment. Hopefully Lambert will get one of the wildcards. Harris, not so much.

Exactly, Lambert would have thought Bewley was no danger to him, therefor no one in his camp bothered to ask Dan to not get in the way. So people should not blame young Bewley.

Edited by tyler42

3 hours ago, tyler42 said:

Exactly, Lambert would have thought Bewley was no danger to him, therefor no one in his camp bothered to ask Dan to not get in the way. So people should not blame young Bewley.

He wouldn't be the first to underestimate Dan. 

I think Bewley did remarkably well for his first attempt at this level. Wrong helmet colour in his first ride, probably wasn't aware of the different FIM rule, last in his next ride when he was losing compression and his engine eventually gave up the ghost, a third behind KK and NKI, a second behind Kurtz and then a win in front of Lambert. I'm sure some lessons learnt and valuable experience gained and enough points to show he has nothing to fear at this level.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tyler42 said:

You know it for certain, that Lambert thought Bewley was no danger, or are you having a wild guess with no knowledge ?     They both ride in England and Bewley has been cleaning up points.   How could Lambert think he was no danger.    He's not stupid or blind.

Why should Bewley get out of Lambert's way ?     Are we accepting that we openly cheat to throw races.

How do you ever get to the place where you have the wrong helmet cover for your first ride in a individual meeting ?

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

How do you ever get to the place where you have the wrong helmet cover for your first ride in a individual meeting ?

Was on gate 3, would that be a white or green helmet cover. Personally no idea on a FIM meeting which one it would be.

28 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Unfortunately this seems to have been caused by the UK being inconsistent with FIM rules.  Dan was on gate 4 and used his UK yellow and black... the problem is that FIM meetings require solid yellow.

A silly mistake but one I'm sure he won't make again now. 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

You know it for certain, that Lambert thought Bewley was no danger, or are you having a wild guess with no knowledge ?     They both ride in England and Bewley has been cleaning up points.   How could Lambert think he was no danger.    He's not stupid or blind.

Why should Bewley get out of Lambert's way ?     Are we accepting that we openly cheat to throw races.

Of course i don't know for certain what the thinking was in the Lambert camp, but throughout the years it has been the done thing (not cheating, but helping a fellow country man if yourself had no chance of qualifying)  i.e Joe screen for Mark Loram John Davis for Michale Lee etc etc. So i go back to what i said earlier. If the Lambert camp had, had a quite word, then things might have turned out differently.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HenryW said:

Unfortunately this seems to have been caused by the UK being inconsistent with FIM rules.  Dan was on gate 4 and used his UK yellow and black... the problem is that FIM meetings require solid yellow.

Ahh ... That makes a lot more sense. Not the 'wrong colour' really. Yes a silly mistake and almost a 'technicality' rather than being idiotic as it first seemed.

But the FIM rules are crystal clear and I suppose to the continentals it probably looked downright weird as they use the plain yellow everywhere.

Pity not a single person was able to give the lad the nod before it was too late. 

i thought green or white thing mentioned sounded stupid and couldn't be the reason.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Grand Central said:

Ahh ... That makes a lot more sense. Not the 'wrong colour' really. Yes a silly mistake and almost a 'technicality' rather than being idiotic as it first seemed.

But the FIM rules are crystal clear and I suppose to the continentals it probably looked downright weird as they use the plain yellow everywhere.

Pity not a single person was able to give the lad the nod before it was too late. 

i thought green or white thing mentioned sounded stupid and couldn't be the reason.

So we need to ditch the yellow/black then he can’t make the mistake again, nor will any other British rider??

9 hours ago, tyler42 said:

Of course i don't know for certain what the thinking was in the Lambert camp, but throughout the years it has been the done thing (not cheating, but helping a fellow country man if yourself had no chance of qualifying)  i.e Joe screen for Mark Loram John Davis for Michale Lee etc etc. So i go back to what i said earlier. If the Lambert camp had, had a quite word, then things might have turned out differently.

A quiet word "let me win".  Cant condone that.   I liked Mark Loram very much but would he have won the world title without Joe Screen's help.  If that happened against one of our riders all hell would have let loose.

Edited by Mark

Certainly an eventful day for Bewley. Im sure he will have learnt a lot

He also did very very well IMO and it bodes well for the future

I dont blame him re the Lambert qualification issue - I blame the British support teams. When stuations such as this present themselves it is from within those ranks the clear head and bigger picture foresight is needed

11 hours ago, Mark said:

Another slant is that Lambert qualifying could give Bewley a better chance in the future

The better British riders do the more slots we may be allocated and the more likely wlidcard/replacement picks will come our way

Again not something Dan should be sorting out in his mind on the day but the job of the Brit support team

10 hours ago, HenryW said:

I remember at one quality meeting at Holsted,one rider turned up with the wrong dirt deflector and asked me if I could help and I got on to the track announcer(danish webmaster on here),who asked one of the local riders(might have been Rasmus Jensen)who had to drive home and came back with the required equipment.But it does seem our riders are sometimes not properly prepared and need someone with them,like the Danes often had/have 

Edited by iris123