Jack Holder

Niels Kristian Iversen

Kenneth Bjerre

David Bellego

Kevin Wolbert

Craig Cook

Max Fricke

Hans Andersen

Shaping up to be the worst GP Challenge field for some time?

Maybe because the best 15 are already in the GP's ?      Those on the list have earned it.    

Wolbert and Bellego probably the only two outside of top 30 in the world imo, and considering the top 10 arn’t in the challenge then I wouldn’t say it’s all that bad, Piotr Pawlicki, Lambert, Milik, Kurtz, Hampel, Smoli will all be around the wildcard spots and no one will be able to call the top 3

Lambert, Hampel, pawlicki likely candidates for the wildcard places? Kurtz milik Drabik maybe with a chance. Surely not Smoli given Huckenbeck has the local wc spot.

Field for challenge about as strong as it could be, barring whichever 3 of the above miss out, and maybe Madsen/lebedevs.

Congrats to cook. Esrly days for sure, but the challenge would seem his best shot of qualifying for 2019.

How many wildcard spots are there?? If it's 3 I do think Lambert will get left out, just because of selection bias towards Ekstraliga rider's. 

I think I'll be Milik, Hampel, Pawlicki. If 4 picks then Lambert will be in.

14 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

Lambert, Hampel, pawlicki likely candidates for the wildcard places? Kurtz milik Drabik maybe with a chance. Surely not Smoli given Huckenbeck has the local wc spot.

Field for challenge about as strong as it could be, barring whichever 3 of the above miss out, and maybe Madsen/lebedevs.

Congrats to cook. Esrly days for sure, but the challenge would seem his best shot of qualifying for 2019.

TWO Poles?

21 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

TWO Poles?

To add to KK and Kolodziej - no chance with any luck.    Very unlikely it would happen but if results went well for the Poles in the 2018 GP and Challenge there could be 7 in the 2019 GP's which is overload.

I don't agree with wildcards for the challenge but would bend in the case of injury.    Nor do I agree with a local wildcard which is pointless and unfair.    Places should be earnt in the GP series not given away.    Under the current rules I hope the rider who finished 4th in each qualfier gets the wild card.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Mark said:

To add to KK and Kolodziej - no chance with any luck.    Very unlikely it would happen but if results went well for the Poles in the 2018 GP and Challenge there could be 7 in the 2019 GP's which is overload.

I don't agree with wildcards for the challenge but would bend in the case of injury.    Nor do I agree with a local wildcard which is pointless and unfair.    Places should be earnt in the GP series not given away.    Under the current rules I hope the rider who finished 4th in each qualfier gets the wild card.

Certainly shouldn't be wildcard at all. Should be top 4 from each qualifier round into the Challenge and that's it. 

It's ludicrous to have a local wildcard in such an important event, espiecially  now that they cut down the number of qualification meetings.Lambert probably deserves one as up and coming rider ,not sure who else though.Certainly not Harris at his level now.

Edited by Fromafar

54 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It's ludicrous to have a local wildcard in such an important event, espiecially  now that they cut down the number of qualification meetings.Lambert probably deserves one as up and coming rider ,not sure who else though.Certainly not Harris at his level now.

Yes but no. Not even gonna check the rulebook, but SEC challenge was 11k in prize money to be paid by the organiser. GP Challenge is most likely more. Now imagine this meeting in Landshut without a single German rider…

I dont like Landshut the track either, but we need every organiser there is for these events.

45 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Yes but no. Not even gonna check the rulebook, but SEC challenge was 11k in prize money to be paid by the organiser. GP Challenge is most likely more. Now imagine this meeting in Landshut without a single German rider…

I dont like Landshut the track either, but we need every organiser there is for these events.

Should we really be having any prize money for the challenge? The top 3 and a spot is prize enough, surely?

I also don't necessarily agree with local wildcards either. I can get the thought that it improves the crowds; but, again, it's a GP challenge so surely that should be attraction enough? It also should only be about the meeting and results, crowds should be second to that. Just imo.

8 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Should we really be having any prize money for the challenge? The top 3 and a spot is prize enough, surely?

I also don't necessarily agree with local wildcards either. I can get the thought that it improves the crowds; but, again, it's a GP challenge so surely that should be attraction enough? It also should only be about the meeting and results, crowds should be second to that. Just imo.

I see your point and agree. But thats not how it works, what can I do??? :neutral:

24 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Every rider should be paid for his work.     He would have expenses for travel and his team.