British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

You only have to look The Holder v Cook situation to see how hard it is to choose Wildcard,Holder is having a poor GP season and doesn't look like getting aTop8 spot,Cook is having a poor GP season and hardly scores any decent points but he finished 4 th in Challenge so could be " next in line" for wild card.Personaly dont think any deserve a pick ,better to give a younger talent a chance who ever that be.Who ever is picked will get some critisisum .

Dudek's injury certainly adds another headache for the selectors. Might we get no new riders in as WCs next season?

5 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Dudek's injury certainly adds another headache for the selectors. Might we get no new riders in as WCs next season?

I have been saying that for weeks- Cook and Pawlicki won`t be missed and Holder is the next obvious one to be left out- but beyond that does anyone else not deserve to be back in 2019 ?

• Like 1

Open question -  I genuinely dont know the answer. Forget box office etc, on ability/scoring potential alone,should Nicki be in next year? Was very unlucky with that early injury, he'd started the season like a steam train in Poland. Not my favorite rider but cant help but think the series is better with him in it. 

Edited by RPNY

3 minutes ago, RPNY said:

Open question -  I genuinely dont know the answer. Forget box office etc, on ability/scoring potential alone,should Nicki be in next year? Was very unlucky with that early injury, he'd started the season like a steam train in Poland. Not my favorite rider but cant help but think the series is better with him in it. 

The series is 100% better with Pedersen.   He won a GP two rounds ago so he's more competitive than someone like Sayfutinov who is riding poorly.    Emil needs 15 points to over haul Dudek but on current form he won't manage that.  Last four GP's he's scored 8 6 3 and 5       Zagar needs 24. 

I hear you. Very Odd with Emil. I thought he was going to walk it as soon as he was back in the GPs. 

3 hours ago, JCookie said:

Dont think it adds a headache at all. If he needs it he is nailed on for a wildcard. As are Doyle and Emil.

On 9/12/2018 at 2:34 PM, RPNY said:

I think Nicki will need to put in a big performance in Torun to get a wildcard.

Imo the current top 10 will all be back next year and 2 from.....

N.Pedersen

M.Vaculik

R.Lambet

L.Madsen

I think Lambet will be a GP rider in the future but next year maybe too soon

It is difficult to make a case for Madsen over Pedersen for a Wildcard.

As it stands I'd say the current top 11 + Vaculik and the 3 qualifiers will be there next year.

47 minutes ago, Col said:

It is difficult to make a case for Madsen over Pedersen for a Wildcard.

As it stands I'd say the current top 11 + Vaculik and the 3 qualifiers will be there next year.

Hope this is right, it can't be improved as a 12.   Pedersen and Vaculik have won a GP to prove they are very much in the mix.  When you have the best 12 someone still has to finish near or at the bottom of that 12.    This does not mean a rider should be replaced.

If Pedersen had not broken his hand early in the season he would have got the points to be top 8.   Same for Vaculik as when fit he scores very well.

On 9/12/2018 at 4:08 PM, waiheke1 said:

Dont think it adds a headache at all. If he needs it he is nailed on for a wildcard. As are Doyle and Emil.

If Pedersen & Zagar overhaul Laguta I'm not convinced he'll get a wildcard.

1 hour ago, Col said:

If Pedersen & Zagar overhaul Laguta I'm not convinced he'll get a wildcard.

Agree. But my post was referring to Dudek.