British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2019 Sgp Qualifiers - GP challenge final landshut Saturday July 28th

On 6/6/2018 at 7:52 PM, DutchGrasstrack said:

FIM seems to have declined DMSB's wish to have Huckenbeck as a the local wildcard and gave it to Smolinski instead.

http://www.speedweek.com/speedwaywm/news/127845/Challenge-Skandal-FIM-boykottiert-Kai-Huckenbeck.html#.WxgsK2hATDE.facebook

Seems the same kind of situation that Martin Smolinski is the favourite regardless of form in the same way Chris Harris always got the pick regardless of form.

4 hours ago, The Cheese said:

Lambert's performance yesterday will hopefully be enough to secure one of the wildcards

I d suggest that regardless of the gp challenge, if Lambert keeps his league form in England, Sweden, and Poland all season then his SON performance will put him on the radar for a perminant wild card for 2019 (assuming Cookie misses top 8)

Another desperate move from Lindgren, this time its Janowski on the receiving end.

Matej Zagar, Antonio Lindbäck, Janusz Kolodziej, Krzysztof Kasprzak, Jack Holder, Niels Kristian Iversen, Kenneth Bjerre, David Bellego, Kevin Wolbert, Craig Cook, Max Fricke, Hans Andersen

German Wild Card - Smolinski or Huckenbeck

Three Wild Cards

Jaroslaw Hampel and Leon Madsen must be up for a slot and both good enough to be GP riders and would like to see Robert Lambert given a place but GB get very little usually so would expect Vaclav Milik to have more chance of getting a nomination. 

IMO there is no need to waste a wild card on Hampel but I am all for a wild card each to Lambert and Milik.

• Like 1

People tend to forget that in 2015 when he got injured riding the in SWC Hampel was 3rd in the SGP rankings after 3 rounds, having made both finals.  The first GP of the year only lasted 12 heats.

On 6/12/2018 at 4:22 PM, Col said:

People tend to forget that in 2015 when he got injured riding the in SWC Hampel was 3rd in the SGP rankings after 3 rounds,
having made both finals.  The first GP of the year only lasted 12 heats.

I have not forget but I still think that he doesn't bring anything to the SGP series. He is a good gater but not much more.

• Like 2

LAMBERT should get one ... maybe a tad too soon for him to be the in the SGP but racent performances suggest he is 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

I have not forget but I still think that he doesn't bring anything to the SGP series. He is a good gater but not much more.

I still think if a Pole deserves a permanent wild card pick, its him.  Of the current crop of Poles the one who I think is least reliant upon gating is Piotr Pawlicki.

Lineup:

1 Vaclav Milik
2 Antonio Lindback
3 Robert Lambert
4 Niels Kristian Iversen
5 Martin Smolinski
6 David Bellego
7 Kenneth Bjerre
8 Craig Cook
9 Krzysztof Kasprzak
10 Hans Andersen
11 Piotr Pawlicki
12 Max Fricke
13 Kevin Wolbert
14 Janusz Kołodziej
15 Matej Zagar
16 Jack Holder

17 Valentin Grobauer
18 Max Dilger

7 minutes ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

Lineup:

1 Vaclav Milik
2 Antonio Lindback
3 Robert Lambert
4 Niels Kristian Iversen
5 Martin Smolinski
6 David Bellego
7 Kenneth Bjerre
8 Craig Cook
9 Krzysztof Kasprzak
10 Hans Andersen
11 Piotr Pawlicki
12 Max Fricke
13 Kevin Wolbert
14 Janusz Kołodziej
15 Matej Zagar
16 Jack Holder

17 Valentin Grobauer
18 Max Dilger

Thanks DGT i have therefore deduced that Milik, Piotr Pawlicki and Lambert are the 3 wild cards.