British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Riders Missing Out Nl 2018

Dan Bewley

Liam Carr (retired)

Zach surely moved on

I have heard Tom Perry is retiring in the Glasgow thread first ive heard of it .

who else can be added to the list ?

Unless Dan wants NL re extra money, he has nothing to learn from The NL.

I understand his ave. in the Championship is too high to allow him to ride.

I have not seen anywhere this ave. which prevents you from riding in the NL anymore.

Anyone know what this ave is ?

Unless Dan wants NL re extra money, he has nothing to learn from The NL.

I understand his ave. in the Championship is too high to allow him to ride.

I have not seen anywhere this ave. which prevents you from riding in the NL anymore.

Anyone know what this ave is ?

I thought it was 4

Matt Williamson has said in the SS that he cannot ride in the NL in 2018 as his average is over 4. I think it also applied to Max Clegg at the start of this last year.

The over 4 rule, though must only apply at the start of the season for team building as Clegg & Roynon came in during the season on 2 x CL average.

Edited by IronScorpion

The over 4 rule can't be right because Danny ayres has a 4.24 championship ave but has signed for mildenhall in the n/l.

Trying to find my copy of the rule book to check it out. I thought riders with a Championship average of over 4 (or it might be 5!) couldn't ride in the National League unless they were under a certain age or had signed on for a NL club before joining a Championship club. (Something like that anyway - but who can fathom out speedway's infamous rule book?)

Danny Ayres fulfills that criteria as to my knowledge he hasn't yet signed for a Championship club, and in the case of Adam Roynon last season, no Championship club apparently wanted him, so he would have been free to join Plymouth.

No doubt someone with a mind-boggling knowledge of the rule book will correct me on this.

• Like 1

More confusing so called rules..What are the facts as things stand for next season..not what May have been previously ?

19.9 TEAM COMPOSITION

19.9.1 The Initial Team Declaration may include current Championship riders, who are under 25 years-old with a Championship MA of 4.00 or below at the start of the season, riders with a Championship MA of 6.00 or below, provided they are not declared in a Championship 1-7 at the start of the season; and all of whom must hold a full UK Passport and have an ACU Licence

Last season was 4 or 6. Who knows what 2018 may be.

19.9.1.3 An ex PL rider declared in a NDL Team at the start of the season will only be eligible to remain in the NDL should he join a SGB Premiership or Championship League Team, provided he is under 25-years old and joins the SGB Premiership or Championship League at less than 5.00.

Or could be 5. Now confused. :)

Edited by Brian

Its 4.00 for riders who start the season in the NL & Championship or who drop down partway through the season to do both leagues. But of course that rule was relaxed for Clegg & Carr this year who both had higher than 4.00 Championship averages. Also its been relaxed for Ayres for a while now as theres the 25 years old age limit which they ignore for him. So basically its pointless speculating as theyll just decide on a case by case basis

Its different if they race NL only like Roynon in 2017 or start the season in the NL only.

I thought with Clegg and Carr their averages had dropped below 4 in the CL so could join a NL team.

The rules dont mention anything about mid season averages though. They only state averages at the start of the season.

On 03/12/2017 at 9:00 PM, Islander15 said:

Its 4.00 for riders who start the season in the NL & Championship or who drop down partway through the season to do both leagues. But of course that rule was relaxed for Clegg & Carr this year who both had higher than 4.00 Championship averages. Also its been relaxed for Ayres for a while now as theres the 25 years old age limit which they ignore for him. So basically its pointless speculating as theyll just decide on a case by case basis

So at this moment Mildenhall have signed a potentially ineligible rider for 2018?

If Danny Ayres signs for a PL or CL club, he can't sign for Mildenhall as well?

Edited by WalterPlinge