British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Riders Missing Out Nl 2018

2 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

So at this moment Mildenhall have signed a potentially ineligible rider for 2018?

If Danny Ayres signs for a PL or CL club, he can't sign for Mildenhall as well?

Technically. The rule has been relaxed for for a couple of years now though for him, so no reason to think otherwise. 

Edited by Islander15

15 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Technically. The rule has been relaxed for for a couple of years now though for him, so no reason to think otherwise. 

The U25 part of the rule was relaxed for Danny Ayres due to his late start in the sport not the average part.

On 13/12/2017 at 8:55 AM, Jayne said:

The U25 part of the rule was relaxed for Danny Ayres due to his late start in the sport not the average part.

Yeah I was talking about his age and said that on my previous post. 

So same average as last season but with 3 less teams....

The 3 pointers who are no where near ready will be required, and the old boys will all get spots. BUT I AM CONVINCED THIS WILL PUT AROUND TEN OR SO UP AND COMING RIDERS ON 5,6,and 7 Points will be without a club. Making the whole development league arguement redundant.

Improving riders in Thier 2nd or 3rd seasons are not being developed at all, simply bring left to rot.

Last year was bad with Stefan Nielson, Joe Jacobs, and James Sargent(off the top of my head) all without clubs, I fear 2018 we will have aprox double figures of decent, potential filled riders starting the season with no club, also meaning they are unable to guest.

• Like 1

Whilst its sad that some names will be missing out on places there has been a huge shortfall in available riders to cover injuries over the past couple of years so those without places are likely to feature at some point. 

How teams are made up all depends upon the promotions and i suspect that a team filled largely with improving 4, 5 & 6 pointers will do well if as you state there are not enough new 3 pointers to go around?

Personally id like to see new blood given time & a chance to develop rather than the current glut of 3 pointers with league experience but haven't improved their averages for several seasons.