British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole Thread Blocked Due To Trolls

I agree. I'm no computer expert, but am I right in saying the IP address is unique to a particular computer, so blocking that should solve the problem, unless the person concerned has a bucket load of computers or is using a method where their IP address cannot be tracked? If thats the case, prevent anybody joining the forum who does not reveal their IP address.

Lets get back to decent honest posts, where we can all discuss speedway topics in a spirit of friendly debate.

it was bad enough a few years ago with just the one person seemingly switching between accounts at will and having several aliases. The same one is still causing mayhem with constant trolling and even more aliases. Saying sorry cuts no ice as it will just continue. I genuinely feel sorry for the sensible Poole fans. But history has proven, this is what the multi aliased one does.

Now get your other 3 or 4 alias to apologise aswell.

Let's try and remember it's only speedway and not life or death.

And more and counting.

• Like 1

If everyone just within forum rules then no thread would need to be blocked ever, sad that a few just can`t bring themselves to do that simple thing.

• Like 1

Phil, why do you constantly allow the abusive one to return? Do you not have standards for your forum?

TBH we don't know what Phils life is like, I'm sure he has a lot better things to be doing than baby sitting a forum, it's literally a handful letting it down. Phil, can't we have a few more admins who might be around a bit more to keep an eye on things.

• Like 1

Very sad to see trolls ruin this once great sub-forum.

I tend to stay in the Championship and General Discussion sub-forums now.

:D

• Like 7

TBH we don't know what Phils life is like, I'm sure he has a lot better things to be doing than baby sitting a forum, it's literally a handful letting it down. Phil, can't we have a few more admins who might be around a bit more to keep an eye on things.

If he doesn't want the responsibility of running a forum, he should hand it to somebody who does. A moderation team would not take long to implement and would quickly resolve a lot of these problems.

Sell the forum Phil! I'll give you £500 for it ;)

• Like 2

Rather than block the Poole thread why not just ban Gavan?

Calling Poole fans window lickers and having one of his usual rants and decent Poole fans get penalised? Phil should just ban the perpetrators and let us true fans enjoy the forum.

You are so wrong about Gavan

• Like 3

Good as you have also caused a lot of trolling on here

• Like 1

Now that's funny..cos you are the same bloke. Its you all you...the same troll.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 3

Have a mod that is impartial,who can police the site once a day.3 warnings in a 3 month period = 1 month ban.I ip addy per account.?

Might also be a good move to not be able to change your name on here. The name registered is it.

You are so wrong about Gavan

No. I am not.

• Like 3

As I have said before, mobile phone verification would sort the pest out once and for all. He must have well over 12 usernames by now,but he hasn't got that many mobile phones.i hope it gets done, because enough is enough.

• Like 2

How does the ip address thing work on mobile phones??

That's a point Baldy.I'm not savvy in the wide web lol.

Agree Steve.One name and that's it(if that can be done)