British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole Thread Blocked Due To Trolls

Go to bed old man.

I'm not saying you have anything to hide. I'm saying it's frustrating seeing people who haven't got a clue adding their two cents. It's like telling a firefighter you have an amazing solution to fighting fires... you don't!

Just as boring seeing your posts.

Lets see a quote of any post where I have stated I know how to sort the problem out.

Edited by A ORLOV

Go to bed old man.

I'm not saying you have anything to hide. I'm saying it's frustrating seeing people who haven't got a clue adding their two cents. It's like telling a firefighter you have an amazing solution to fighting fires... you don't!

I know

Oh dear, the idea of mobile phone verification seems to have rattled him, just like it did the last time it was mentioned. If it's good enough for banks, it's good enough for here.

• Like 1

How many pages will this now take up of bitching.

If some on here argued like this in the street they'd end up in a punch up and get arrested.

Even my 16 years old son can't be doing with it!

• Like 1

Oh dear, the idea of mobile phone verification seems to have rattled him, just like it did the last time it was mentioned. If it's good enough for banks, it's good enough for here.

Pete. you weird old man, stop referring to everybody smarter than you as "him". I'll quite happily provide you with government issued ID to prove who I am. If it's good enough for banks, it should be good enough for you.

Now let's actually address your drivel correctly... Do you know how phone verification works for a bank? The customer creates an account, they are assigned an ID, and their telephone number is assigned to that ID. Before they can make a payment, or transfer, or set up a new recipient, etc, they are required to verify that they are also in possession of the mobile phone linked to that ID. Have you not noticed the big difference between a bank account and a forum account?... The customer of the bank required 2 forms of identification before opening their account, numbnut. The forum does not. The mobile phone did not prove who they were, the 2 forms of identification proved who they were. The mobile phone verification simply proved that the person who opened the account with 2 forms of identification was the person accessing it. Imagine a bank that accepted mobile phone as proof of ID... it's a good thing you're not in charge, ay Petey boy?

Additionally, Phil is clearly not capable of implementing phone verification. If he was, his forum would not have a JPG as the logo.

Please do not waste any more of my time talking to me. You do not know what you're talking about. I didn't spend 12 years of my life developing my trade to have some out of touch old man tell me how it works.

Edited by BurntFaceMan

Let's all play nicely..its the season of joy allegedly. I've never actually met joy...is she nice

Edited by baldyman

Let's all play nicely..its the season of joy allegedly. I've never actually met joy...is she nice

She did me a turn ;)

• Like 1

On the Poole thread the post by Adams dad has been removed but in post 2309 I have requoted it for you all

And the Poole thread reopened so this thread is now redundant.

• Like 3

Rather than block the Poole thread why not just ban Gavan?

Calling Poole fans window lickers and having one of his usual rants and decent Poole fans get penalised? Phil should just ban the perpetrators and let us true fans enjoy the forum.

To be fair Gavan is knowledgeable but just gets a bit excited at times
  • Like 4