British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Asset Base

Take it no one is going to answer my question . Speedway fans are fecking a holes

No there isn't.

...and yes they are ...

Edited by Alan Jones
  • Like 2

Take it no one is going to answer my question . Speedway fans are fecking a holes

I don't know no.

So that must make me an a hole, like you.

• Like 1

Are you for real? You ask a question and just over an hour later you call speedway fans names because no one online in that hour has the answer or read the thread.

And your short sentence isnt even readable.

Idiot in the extreme.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 5

It's not so much owning the rider but owning their registration to the league. Poole own considerably more than they need and could probably run three or four teams but obviously get a loan fee when they are used by other British clubs.

• Like 2

It's not so much owning the rider but owning their registration to the league. Poole own considerably more than they need and could probably run three or four teams but obviously get a loan fee when they are used by other British clubs.

Not going to get much for Jason Crump, Dakota North, Maciej Janowski et al

I'm sure I've read somewhere recently - probably in the Speedway Star - that someone in authority is stating that clubs should be encouraged to increase their asset lists!!?

Edited by Skidder1

Is there a way to site to view clubs assets ?

Aren't you a nice bundle of joy?

I have tried (and I'll be honest failed) to keep up with riders parent clubs on speedway-stats.co.uk. It gets very difficult with all the young British riding in the NL though, God knows who owns half of them!

On that note, I'm happy to create a page that lists all riders and their parents clubs if theres any interest. And would be happy to update any that are wrong if someone wants to let me know of any mistakes/changes.

Edited by SCB

I'm sure I've read somewhere recently - probably in the Speedway Star - that someone in authority is stating that clubs should be encouraged to increase their asset lists!!?

Probably in the Kings Bible, or your Lord Matt Ford's biography. In the plight of everyone trying to make the sport more sustainably, having this asset scenario is against everybody's idea of reality, and a cost that nobody wants to pay. Riders are their own person and will do as they think fit. Any control of these assets is for person financial gain and has no relevance to the Sport. Years ago when riders rode for one club, having a control of that rider was beneficial. But today, when riders race for numerous clubs, it breaks every law of the land, and only remains in place because the sport's governing body is made up of those people with them assets and others too weak to contest the rules........

Again the survival of the sport is of secondary importance to personal gain.......

The asset system is a total nonsense. Every club wishing to join the Premiership League is obliged to have a fixed value of rider "assets" before they can be considered for membership. I once had a sight of Birmingham's asset list and it included names like Charlie Venegas, Charles Ermolenko, Steve Mann etc. Clearly all of these riders have a nominal value even though none are ever likely to ride in Britain again in the future, so in reality, the whole thing is meaningless.

• Like 1

investing in rider assets might prove not to be the cleverest medium to long term financial strategy,remember that little known belgium footballer who totally changed the football world?