British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Dear Father Christmas

Dear Santa, please exert your substantial marketing powers on Speedway GB and double the crowds at every club in 2018 ( and for the most needy clubs - trebled .) And all to watch - close exciting racing with plenty of passing. And please do your best ensure that all of of the new supporters are in the 18 - 35 age bracket, who fall in love with the thrills of close racing and replace the almost extinct "dinosaurs". And please do your best to help every new fan to " bring a friend or two" after a few weeks of excitement. With your help ( and some magic dust ) speedway in the UK could be rejuvenated and re-born and remain healthy until the 2028 centenary.

• Like 2

Not even santa is that much of a miracle worker.

Yeah agreed and he can even shove his wobbly belly down a flue pipe

And there was me thinking Christmas was a time for celebrating all that s good in life,  and helping those not so fortunate....

• Like 1

TO all you miserable lot out there, Seasonal Greetings to you all:    :drink::drink:

• Haha 1

I'd have settled for 10 acres of land with full planning permission for disruptive motorsport within 5 miles of Hull city centre. 

Didn't get it.

Incedentally, at a local park, youths were riding loud motorbikes up and down for over 2 hours this afternoon, if only they had somewhere supervised and safe to ride without distrubing anyone.  No point in calling the cops they're not interested.   But - if you do 31MPH in a 30 zone or park for 10 seconds too long well that's different, sigh.

All the best to everyone in speedway....

• Like 4

They were at it again yesterday, Boxing Day, this time with a few quads joining the local 'heroes'.  Hopefully there were no children in the park at the time....

2 hours ago, martinmauger said:

They were at it again yesterday, Boxing Day, this time with a few quads joining the local 'heroes'.  Hopefully there were no children in the park at the time....

I think the Police may get involved if they were told they being filmed for something like an "Interceptors in Hull" series on Dave...

There seems to be nothing more important on these programmes than chasing a kid with no helmet,  no licence, on an unmarked, untaxed, and uninsured bike..

To  be fair, it must be a very serious crime though as it usually ends up with about six £50,000 BMW X5's, each with two coppers in, and the use of a £2.5 million helicopter to track him for a good half hour or so before catching him..:rolleyes:

Crime won't crack itself....:D

Edited by mikebv

in the middle of the night,dig some holes, preferably about 5x5 mitre and about 2/3 ft deep. Cover with netting then put leaves and cut grass over them. Next day sit back and watch the fun

9 hours ago, mikebv said:

I think the Police may get involved if they were told they being filmed for something like an "Interceptors in Hull" series on Dave...

There seems to be nothing more important on these programmes than chasing a kid with no helmet,  no licence, on an unmarked, untaxed, and uninsured bike..

To  be fair, it must be a very serious crime though as it usually ends up with about six £50,000 BMW X5's, each with two coppers in, and the use of a £2.5 million helicopter to track him for a good half hour or so before catching him..:rolleyes:

Crime won't crack itself....:D

You'd think.

" in the middle of the night,dig some holes, preferably about 5x5 mitre and about 2/3 ft deep. Cover with netting then put leaves and cut grass over them. Next day sit back and watch the fun ".

You have no idea how much I'd love to do that, but I'd setttle for lobbing the odd stick through a front wheel :lol: .  All that said, mention to folk an out of town speedway track to remove such yoofs from public areas and they say "what a good idea, there MUST be land somewhere".  You'd think that too....