British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
STEPHEN 333

Gorzow GP. Saturday August 25th 2018

Always better to be there live than watching on the box, although Natalie and Scott present the programme excellently.

Maybe I’m easily pleased but again I thoroughly enjoyed that. Can’t quite grasp some of the negativity on here. Delighted for Martin Vaculik, who comes across as a decent chap and just a shame he had that injury earlier in the season.

Like most, couldn’t see what Pedersen did wrong, just proper speedway. Thought Zmarzlik made a more questionable move to block Vaculik in the final. Woffinden on the podium without winning a race was unusual, as was Doyle missing out on 9 points.

• Like 2

Good final ride by Vaculik but overall not a good race meeting.

You can't beat being there watching live,the atmosphere makes up for the racing in a lot of cases.There has been some poor racing at Cardiff but the atmosphere help create the illusion of a good meeting on the night.

• Like 1

Having seen how wet the track was earlier I thought the meeting was OK..I thought it was a good advert for the sport with a big full stadium and a great atmosphere...the racing wasn't fantastic but to be honest i started watching in the 70's and speedway racing is often poor ..this wasn't poor....this was a good advert as speedway goes

• Like 4

I enjoyed it even though the racing wasn't the best,I've just spent a couple of hours watching heats on you tube from mainly Dudley Wood and Monmore from the 70s and 80s and most races were rubbish lol

Well that fizzed and popped, didn't it?

5 hours ago, Pinny said:

Fancy Vaculik for this one.

You got a time machine :D

People are right, Mr Ped did nowt wrong tonight but that incident and last weeks show just how disliked he is on the European circuit through his riding over the years.  

As far as the Fricke/Holder debate goes. Who knows.

If in 2005 you'd have told me Hancock & Pedersen would win 5 future world Championships but Lindback & Lindgren wouldn't make a World Championship rostrum I'd have laughed at you.

If when Doyle signed for Leicester as a #1 if you'd asked me if he'd ever have held his own as a #1 I'd have said he wasn't capable. But he was the best rider in the World in 16 & 17.

Hancock having as many World Championships as Penhall, Ermolenko & Hamill combined is frankly incomprehensible considering those riders natural talent.

If in the era where Pedersen still wins GP's. Iversen is still winning GP Challenges while MJJ & Kildemand have had time to adapt to the demands of being a top rider yet Leon Madsen is the best Danish rider in the world. Again I'd have laughed.

Perhaps it isn't as predictable as we think.

Edited by Col
  • Like 3

Only just watched it and personally I'm getting fed up with this vendetta against Pederson, it's getting boring.

Janowski a rider I've always liked has gone down to zero in my estimation and that imbecile cretin mechanic should be banned from the pits for life. Totally unacceptable.

• Like 7

Just annoyed I didnt remember to have a flutter on Vaculik!!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, speedwayfun said:

shows the limit of your inteligence 

...as does repeatedly mis-spelling "Pedersen". Oh, and mis-spelling "intelligence"...

Steve

I thought it was a decent meeting and they got through it fairly speedily. 

Vaculik done his chances of a wildcard next year no harm at all. Doyle nailed on for one I'd say. If Vaculik continues in his recent form he would have a big claim to one. Would Pedersen or Hancock come close?well probably! Zagar i feel absolutely needs a top 8. Love to see Madsen get one.

The FIM Jury has decided to fine Maciej Janowski €2,000 for violent behaviour from one of his team members and Nicki Pedersen €300 for verbal, un-gentlemanly behaviour towards the FIM race director.

That sounds about right, but add to it that Janowskis team member is banned from the pits for the next GP. Too many in the pits, too many hyped up to a ridiculous level, too many too keen to start flinging fists around. Needs sorting now before it gets way out of hand.

As for the meeting, I am glad that I not the only one thinking it was an "average" GP meeting. Too much home advantage in this case, glaringly obvious especially when a rider in this class of meeting can be virtually a whole straight ahead of the second man. At one time I was thinking is Zmarzliks engine oversize or running on something special.

Whatever has happened to Emil this year, he just a shadow of his former self, so sad to see it.  Cookie, I was routing for him from the beginning of the season, pleased when he got couple wins in Cardiff, but I now come to the conclusion he not going to make it, anytime soon, big on the GP stage. Even when he gates he is so predictable as to where he going to place himself on the track, he catches someone fast but holds back when it comes to a overtake bid. Easy for me to say I know, I not the one riding the bike, but its him who chose to be a speedway rider.

Interesting meeting, Woffy doesn't win a race, but his lead has only been cut by 1 point. Zager, does really well, but he lost a point on the 8th place man. A weird set of circumstances last night. But well done to Vaculic.

• Like 1

With people remarking on pit crew getting involved in pushing and shoving after races, I’m wondering as I do not know but does a rider have a limit on how many he can have in his pit area

57 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

The FIM Jury has decided to fine Maciej Janowski €2,000 for violent behaviour from one of his team members and Nicki Pedersen €300 for verbal, un-gentlemanly behaviour towards the FIM race director.

That sounds about right, but add to it that Janowskis team member is banned from the pits for the next GP. Too many in the pits, too many hyped up to a ridiculous level, too many too keen to start flinging fists around. Needs sorting now before it gets way out of hand.

As for the meeting, I am glad that I not the only one thinking it was an "average" GP meeting. Too much home advantage in this case, glaringly obvious especially when a rider in this class of meeting can be virtually a whole straight ahead of the second man. At one time I was thinking is Zmarzliks engine oversize or running on something special.

Whatever has happened to Emil this year, he just a shadow of his former self, so sad to see it.  Cookie, I was routing for him from the beginning of the season, pleased when he got couple wins in Cardiff, but I now come to the conclusion he not going to make it, anytime soon, big on the GP stage. Even when he gates he is so predictable as to where he going to place himself on the track, he catches someone fast but holds back when it comes to a overtake bid. Easy for me to say I know, I not the one riding the bike, but its him who chose to be a speedway rider.

Interesting meeting, Woffy doesn't win a race, but his lead has only been cut by 1 point. Zager, does really well, but he lost a point on the 8th place man. A weird set of circumstances last night. But well done to Vaculic.

Correct decision to fine Janowski for his pit crews behaviour as it was way out of order, it's something that has kept into the GP series of late and needs stopping now, in fact if fining the riders doesn't stop it then take points off the rider.

As for the GP it must have been different to be in the stadium as I found largely dull. Great night for Vaculik and a very clever ride in the Final, seemed to me that Szmarzlik and Dude were to busy looking for each other.  And once again another decent night for Woffinden, he has been at his best of the last couple of GP but has yet maintained a very healthy lead at the top of the standings.