British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
STEPHEN 333

Gorzow GP. Saturday August 25th 2018

7 minutes ago, screm said:

Correct decision to fine Janowski for his pit crews behaviour as it was way out of order, it's something that has kept into the GP series of late and needs stopping now, in fact if fining the riders doesn't stop it then take points off the rider.

As for the GP it must have been different to be in the stadium as I found largely dull. Great night for Vaculik and a very clever ride in the Final, seemed to me that Szmarzlik and Dude were to busy looking for each other.  And once again another decent night for Woffinden, he has been at his best of the last couple of GP but has yet maintained a very healthy lead at the top of the standings.

I would be inclined to ban the rider from a GP or 2 the €2000 fine he got would probably be stumped up by his sponsor I bet

8 minutes ago, zlata prilba said:

I would be inclined to ban the rider from a GP or 2 the €2000 fine he got would probably be stumped up by his sponsor I bet

More than likely though banning a rider from a complete GP is going to far IMO, taking 5 - 10pts off a riders total would be much more affective.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

You can't beat being there watching live,the atmosphere makes up for the racing in a lot of cases.There has been some poor racing at Cardiff but the atmosphere help create the illusion of a good meeting on the night.

The atmosphere last night in the stadium was something else 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

The FIM Jury has decided to fine Maciej Janowski €2,000 for violent behaviour from one of his team members and Nicki Pedersen €300 for verbal, un-gentlemanly behaviour towards the FIM race director.

That sounds about right, but add to it that Janowskis team member is banned from the pits for the next GP. Too many in the pits, too many hyped up to a ridiculous level, too many too keen to start flinging fists around. Needs sorting now before it gets way out of hand.

It's a start.

As others have said too many hangers on are getting involved lately and it has to be stopped. I'd like to see guilty parties banned from the pits for the next GP (or more than one if necessary). If that person happens to be a mechanic and it inconveniences the rider - tough. What happens if the next time a mechanic piles into a fracas and just happens to have a heavy spanner or similar in his hand. The consequences don't bear thinking about.

I'd also like to see all the hangers on confined to one area of the pits, away from the riders who should have a limit on how many mechanics/physios/managers they can have at their side. 

I have no objection to handbags between riders on the track, I was brought up on it.  Nygren, Featherby et al provided extra entertainment nearly every week:D 

• Like 2

It's simple really anyone other than the riders threating or interfering should be banned for life.The riders can be dealt with separately.No need for involvement among hangers on.

2000 euro fine is steep but I would ban the person who did the pushing from the next 2 GP's.      It's getting out of hand and needs stopping.     It would not surprise me if stronger penalties come in next season.

What the last 2 GP's have shown is that Pedersen must get a wild card.    There is always something happening when he is around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark said:

2000 euro fine is steep but I would ban the person who did the pushing from the next 2 GP's.      It's getting out of hand and needs stopping.     It would not surprise me if stronger penalties come in next season.

What the last 2 GP's have shown is that Pedersen must get a wild card.    There is always something happening when he is around.

Even more so when you consider he did nothing wrong both times just his presence annoys people and its brilliant 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Even more so when you consider he did nothing wrong both times just his presence annoys people and its brilliant 

They all think theyll be idolised for Pedersen bashing throughout the sport , thats why they do it. They know he has a reputation and is unpopular so they think that going for him after any tiny little incident makes them heroes in the eyes of anti Pedersen people.

pathetic in all honesty... the minute Pedersen has enough and lumps one of these hangers on unconscious cannot come soon enough. 

He should of been allowed to lay Hancock out after Hancocks pathetic lunge at him a few years ago, instead of being dragged away. These clowns would soon think twice. 

Pedersen has always been a hard rider and yes has pulled some shocking moves but not for a long time. There are worse out there than him for sure.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Pinny said:

They all think theyll be idolised for Pedersen bashing throughout the sport , thats why they do it. They know he has a reputation and is unpopular so they think that going for him after any tiny little incident makes them heroes in the eyes of anti Pedersen people.

pathetic in all honesty... the minute Pedersen has enough and lumps one of these hangers on unconscious cannot come soon enough. 

He should of been allowed to lay Hancock out after Hancocks pathetic lunge at him a few years ago, instead of being dragged away. These clowns would soon think twice. 

Pedersen has always been a hard rider and yes has pulled some shocking moves but not for a long time. There are worse out there than him for sure.

the last line is exactly right.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Bartoz move on the back straight on lap one of the final was an eye opener but strangely no one mentioned it 

• Like 2

Would like to a special mention for Phil Morris for the last 2 GPs, half hour before start yesterday when the heavens opened up, thought this is a long way for a rain off. But works his nuts off sorting & overlooking EVERYTHING, thanks Phil your a star

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Bartoz move on the back straight on lap one of the final was an eye opener but strangely no one mentioned it 

I did,it was much the same in the semi- final.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, zlata prilba said:

Hoping that Laguta gets in top 8 instead of some has been like Zagar

Laguta is a gater, Zagar is a racer that will fight for a position.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Exactly, Janowski made a mistake allowing Pedersen through then re passed him with room to spare so what all the animated dramatics were about is beyond me. He made himself look completely foolish in my opinion. 

ZAGAR who i have followed since his Trelawney days ie) with  an ancient Holloway, Harris, Masters,Ondrasik, he is an underachiever a really classy rider who has never quite stepped up to the mark.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1