British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
STEPHEN 333

Gorzow GP. Saturday August 25th 2018

55 minutes ago, New Science said:

How was your experience at Zielona Gora Dean ?

I’ve never experienced atmosphere like that anywhere else ever, the noise was just something else, I posted a couple of video’s on my Facebook page 

32 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I’ve never experienced atmosphere like that anywhere else ever, the noise was just something else, I posted a couple of video’s on my Facebook page 

Are Zielona Gora relegated,The guy on Swedish Tv seemed to think so?

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Are Zielona Gora relegated,The guy on Swedish Tv seemed to think so?

I would be surprised if he thought so- Tarnow are relgated. Zielona Gora meet the losing finalist in the Nice Polska league play-off final to decide who`s promoted/relegated- Zielona Gora will not lose !!!!

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I would be surprised if he thought so- Tarnow are relgated. Zielona Gora meet the losing finalist in the Nice Polska league play-off final to decide who`s promoted/relegated- Zielona Gora will not lose !!!!

That's what I thought as I watched ZGvT and ZG won thus avoiding automatic relegation.I maybe misheard Goddard last night though.

23 hours ago, New Science said:

Well done to the helpful Mojo who I believe is Maureen and a few young Polish translators on board the train  who pointed out to us that the train  was not in fact a direct train, but required a change in Krzyz and then a further change to a replacement bus in Santok. Must admit I was in the dark

Glad to help and nice to meet you.  Can't believe that after changing trains and then taking the bus we were only 5 minutes late getting into Gorzow, 120 km for £4.  We had to do the same on the way back but the train was non stop from Krzyz to Poznan and cost a bit more!!!   If anyone is making plans for the future, we were told the track work could take up to 2 years.

Not impressed with the town, no nice bars or restaurants.  Presumably the bars and restaurants under the arches dow by the river have gone as a result of the overhead rail works.  At least the hotel had a bar and the wine was cheap (6zl).  Glad we stayed in Poznan the other two nights.

5 minutes ago, mojo said:

Glad to help and nice to meet you.  Can't believe that after changing trains and then taking the bus we were only 5 minutes late getting into Gorzow, 120 km for £4.  We had to do the same on the way back but the train was non stop from Krzyz to Poznan and cost a bit more!!!   If anyone is making plans for the future, we were told the track work could take up to 2 years.

Not impressed with the town, no nice bars or restaurants.  Presumably the bars and restaurants under the arches dow by the river have gone as a result of the overhead rail works.  At least the hotel had a bar and the wine was cheap (6zl).  Glad we stayed in Poznan the other two nights.

So i wasn`t completely to blame in saying the train was direct- it was engineering works that scuppered that ? :)

Aren`t the bars and the restaurants down by the refurbished river side open anymore ?

10 hours ago, mojo said:

NO Gorzow next year apparently. Wroclaw instead. Nicer town, easier to get to but the track inferior to Gorzow in my opinion.

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

NO Gorzow next year apparently. Wroclaw instead. Nicer town, easier to get to but the track inferior to Gorzow in my opinion.

Not sure after the Speedway of Nations and some of the recent league matches that you can say that. They finally after a number of years seem to have created an excellent track in Wroclaw

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

The league meetings this year and the SoN have produced some great racing.    Good decision to move the GP.   

7 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Gorzow for whatever reason has poor racing now and has been since last season while Wroclaw had poor racing but this season has been excellent, my own personal thought on this is down to the amount of shale, gorzow has got deeper and Warsaw has got slicker, as soon as a rider gets close to another rider at gorzow they get battered with loads of dirt and they can’t pass, I do like gorzow and will miss it but not for it’s current racing 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

23 hours ago, racers and royals said:

So i wasn`t completely to blame in saying the train was direct- it was engineering works that scuppered that ? :)

Aren`t the bars and the restaurants down by the refurbished river side open anymore ?

There was a round glass bar on the left side of the bridge but it was our first visit and we were told that there used to be several bars and restaurants under the arches.

12 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Love Wroclaw, went earlier this year for the SON.  Used to go to the GPs before they refurbished.

I went direct by train from Poznan to Gorzow on the friday before the GP. Left just after 9am & train went directly to Santok then we transferred to waiting buses into Gorzow. £13 return.

After practice I watched the excellent Moto-Show on the main bridge for 2 hours then there was a concert til 2am (i was well in bed by then though!!). Agreed that there isn`t much in Gorzow but managed to get to the Stilon Gorzow football arena which was the speedway track until 1950 (ish). Had Wildcard Szymon Wozniak, Winner Martin Vaculik & 1973 World Champion Jerzy Szczakiel in my hotel. Also went to SoN & enjoyed Wroclaw as a city with all its gnomes!!!

• Like 1