British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghosty

Cost Cutting For 2018 & Previous Seasons

Yet again we have weakened teams for 2018 defended by the need to cut cost.

BUT unlike other sports or businesses riders are paid (or should be) per point scored. There are only 90 points to be scored/ paid for per meeting (yes & some bonus points if paid) so it should make no difference how strong our top league is ONLY what "promoters" pay per point.

A strong league SHOULD attract more punters = higher gate receipts.

So with everything considered, agreed points money should be offered to all potential riders for 2018 then all those that agree put in a hat & shared out evenly over all teams.

P.S. YES I DO KNOW IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN - TO EASY.

But not all clubs have the same income so every club has to cut there cloth to suit..

What about the travel costs for example Freddie Lindgrens 60 flights ..

But not all clubs have the same income so every club has to cut there cloth to suit..

What about the travel costs for example Freddie Lindgrens 60 flights ..

I recall when the furthest away Bees riders were Rick and Ron from Bloxwich!

Unless i'm reading it wrong,the 90 points to be paid for without any wage guarantee's at all i would of thought that most riders are on some sort of guarantee at the moment, plus some £ per point.

So with just points money to pay, you would end up with the worlds top riders and some of the GP stars wanting £400 + a point going down to the reserves at say £130 pp.

I don't see it making things cheaper and if you didn't pay the top guys top money,they won't come over.

Your idea might be workable in a lower league,but can't see it in the Prem.Just imho.

Edited by Bald Bloke