British Speedway Forum
teaboy279

Nl Agm 14th December.

Id like to see a new league chairman appointed and a maximum £20pp put in place

There needs to be consistency with averages too. Isle of Wight were screwed over with Harland Cooks average, yet Hurrys average came from nowhere and it was well documented that Roynons was wrong but as its been allowed to start with he was allowed to continue!

• Like 2

Id like to see a new league chairman appointed and a maximum £20pp put in place

The £20 max would be great but wont happen some riders are already asking for £30/£35 plus extras.

• Like 1

Although i can't see that many being keen to turn up and take part i a single match race at the end of the night.

Don't think this would be the case as the numbers 8+9 would be competing in their club's home fixtures so would more than likely both be locally based lads. If this idea did take root (and I'd be as surprised as anyone if it did!) then there would have to be a ruling that each club's 8+9 must be unique to that club (ie Birmingham and Cradley couldn't use the same 2 riders for example).

The £20 max would be great but wont happen some riders are already asking for £30/£35 plus extras.

Posted this on another thread Jayne but teaboy believes the full Kent team are on 20£ a point lol

• Like 3

Guest GiveusaB

Just a thought?

If we're talking in terms of development for the National League?

And given that we had 'numerous' guest reserves last season....why not have a 'National' pool of 3 point reserve riders for the season and teams being allowed to select 2 (different) riders for each meeting?

That would give the fans an opportunity to see different up and coming talent week in week out and give the riders experience of differing tracks/surfaces etc.....they would also get a wide variety of advice and knowledge from more experienced riders/managers from different teams....

I think/believe, to develop, you need freedom and flexibility....tying reserve riders to one team....imo....restricts their growth!

Development being the operative word?

Premier/ championship clashes have been sorted .

However, nothing has been done re NL clashes.. hope this is on agenda and fixtures are carefully monitored to remove / minimise clashes.

The way the NL has been the poor relation of Speedway I fear there will be no change.

• Like 1

Just a thought?

If we're talking in terms of development for the National League?

And given that we had 'numerous' guest reserves last season....why not have a 'National' pool of 3 point reserve riders for the season and teams being allowed to select 2 (different) riders for each meeting?

That would give the fans an opportunity to see different up and coming talent week in week out and give the riders experience of differing tracks/surfaces etc.....they would also get a wide variety of advice and knowledge from more experienced riders/managers from different teams....

I think/believe, to develop, you need freedom and flexibility....tying reserve riders to one team....imo....restricts their growth!

Development being the operative word?

Now that is a very interesting proposal. A National Pool open to any riders who wish to put their name forward? Teams limited to using each rider once home & once away perhaps? Maybe a limit on how often a rider can be used at a certain track?

Can't argue that its a perfect suggestion but it is radical and the sport as a whole needs a radical shake up. Far to many inner circles at present.

Guest GiveusaB

Now that is a very interesting proposal. A National Pool open to any riders who wish to put their name forward? Teams limited to using each rider once home & once away perhaps? Maybe a limit on how often a rider can be used at a certain track?

Can't argue that its a perfect suggestion but it is radical and the sport as a whole needs a radical shake up. Far to many inner circles at present.

Yes S4S...it would need a few 'limitations' etc....and yes, it is a radical suggestion....trying to think outside the box ?

Thank you for seeing my point, as it's intended !

Premier/ championship clashes have been sorted .

However, nothing has been done re NL clashes.. hope this is on agenda and fixtures are carefully monitored to remove / minimise clashes.

The way the NL has been the poor relation of Speedway I fear there will be no change.

This does need looking at. During last season many meetings were weakened by teams missing riders but fixed nights for the NL are unlikely to happen. What are more likely are stopping riders from doing all 3 leagues or limiting doubling-up riders to 2 per team or, at most, 3 if a rider joins a Championship team mid season.

• Like 2

Rules rules and more rules its killing speedway!

I would hope they give more consideration to a league that should be for full and partime riders.

There was a time when riders in this league were graded as averages restrict teams too much, especially as you have far more riders doing it for fun.

What cloud cuckoo land do these riders come from, cant they see the Sport is on its knees ?.

What cloud cuckoo land do these riders come from, cant they see the Sport is on its knees ?.

Riders can ask for whatever they want. Its the promoters that pay the money that are bringing the sport down.

I want more money from work, if my boss says no i have the opportunity to look elsewhere for more, if i cannot find more money elsewhere i have to stick with what i have or risk not earning any money at all.

• Like 1

Riders can ask for whatever they want. Its the promoters that pay the money that are bringing the sport down.

I want more money from work, if my boss says no i have the opportunity to look elsewhere for more, if i cannot find more money elsewhere i have to stick with what i have or risk not earning any money at all.

Spot on You would naturally negotiate more money each year like everyone else does on the planet. Even on 30 ppp there hardly going to be retiring any time soon add to that the whopping 10p per mile they get

Edited by redandyellow

Yeah forget earning anything, even at 30/40 quid a point you aren't going to even break even (without sponsorship) if you look after your machinery properly.