British Speedway Forum
teaboy279

Nl Agm 14th December.

3 minutes ago, proud panther said:

If you witnessed the pathetic effort by Kevin Doolan, when he guested for Peterborough last year, when he was on a guaranteed amount, you wouldn't want any rider getting a set amount to just turn up. Pay them per point, & make them earn their money.

Or have more riders vying for their position...?

Far too easy to get a job for a season in Speedway regardless of performance due to not enough competition for places. .

First though you would have to get rid of the situation where you know your average maybe too high to get you a job the following year, cannot blame riders for not scoring in the short term to ensure they earn in the long term..

Guest GiveusaB

mikebv is spot on.....'riders deliberately lowering their average' or at least 'keeping it down'.....how can the authorities not see this ???

Cant blame them !

Blame the BSPA!

The lower the points average allowed, the more that riders will deliberately lower their average to make sure they get a ream

place the following year.  Is there a case for doing away with a total limit for team building ?  Rich clubs would probably always

win, but who is rich anyway these days ?  Points manipulation would disappear.

23 hours ago, East End Fan said:

The lower the points average allowed, the more that riders will deliberately lower their average to make sure they get a ream

place the following year.  Is there a case for doing away with a total limit for team building ?  Rich clubs would probably always

win, but who is rich anyway these days ?  Points manipulation would disappear.

Is there really that much manipulation going on now we have the rolling averages? I know people talk about it but I am not sure it really happens

1 hour ago, stevec said:

Is there really that much manipulation going on now we have the rolling averages? I know people talk about it but I am not sure it really happens

Rolling averages don’t exist anymore in the top 2 leagues and never did in the NL

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Rolling averages don’t exist anymore in the top 2 leagues and never did in the NL

Lol, just when you think you know it all! Now I get why Kelsey is back on such a low average!

Anyway, moving on. Looks like eastie are not using Jake Knight as his average is too high so I am guessing thats been discussed and decided.

Kelly Armstrong has posted on Facebook that Jon won't be at Mildenhall because he doesn't fit. Points limit decided, then.

1 hour ago, stevec said:

Anyway, moving on. Looks like eastie are not using Jake Knight as his average is too high so I am guessing thats been discussed and decided.

Where did that come from?   his average is about mid way in the top dozen NL riders so not too high unless they are going to do without a top no 1.

11 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Where did that come from?   his average is about mid way in the top dozen NL riders so not too high unless they are going to do without a top no 1.

From his twitter.

No cradley. Sad news

Lakeside & Cradley out, Coventry in (subject to confirmation) Cradley to run in National Trophy.

Is it just me or has nothing happened today? It seems like nothing has changed other than Cradley have taken a step back.  

• Like 1