British Speedway Forum

On 10/12/2017 at 9:06 PM, SCB said:

Sums up speedway. You're on here wanting for some marching music.

Watch how ice hockey does it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee_h0kMa5MI

Love that. We could have riders wizzing around  the centre green/track ~ preferrably with no main lights on, just spot lights, but obviously the staff wouldn't be out there yet, with some wicked music playing. :D

Edited by Gemini

Could we have the Steptoe & Sons music playing to accompany a rider whose bike has failed, as he pushes it back to the pits?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:06 PM, SCB said:

When people are coming in and before the meeting the music should be a bit jolly and nice (not Procol Harum a whiter shade of pale which seems to be a favourite of speedway tracks! - despite being a good song IMO) but things like Shine by Take That. Then the intro should start with the lights going down and the music building up to something jumping, loud and with a good beat (not Rocking Robin or the Boys are back in town) and FFS don't stop the truck to get the riders to wave at the crowd on the home straight. And once it's over don't wait 10 minute for the first race. The riders for heat 1 should have their bikes parked up by the start gate so having just worked everyone up you get on with heat 1. As soon as the ehat is over start smashing out a song that encourages people to clap, cheer and move rather than calmly fill in their bloody programme! (on that note. scrap programmes and in stead have the score updated in real time on an app on people phone and have a score board)

But no, keep playing bland, boring songs that rather than whipping people up into a frenzy remind people of the nice times and make them want to go to sleep or cry :rofl:

Agree with everything......except whiter shade of pale is bloody awful in any place :D 

On 10/12/2017 at 9:06 PM, SCB said:

When people are coming in and before the meeting the music should be a bit jolly and nice (not Procol Harum a whiter shade of pale which seems to be a favourite of speedway tracks! - despite being a good song IMO) but things like Shine by Take That.

I spotted your little joke there!

Maybe a Thrash Metal Night, or a Rammstein Night could be fun...one way to clear the decks for a new and younger crowd to come along to see the sport.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Maybe a Thrash Metal Night, or a Rammstein Night could be fun...one way to clear the decks for a new and younger crowd to come along to see the sport.

Well, this would certainly clear out the oldies, but whether it would encourage kids is another thing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, uk_martin said:

I'm beginning to feel my age. I haven't got a clue what either of those things are. :lol:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I'm beginning to feel my age. I haven't got a clue what either of those things are. :lol:

Me neither.

I thought the 'March' music was great when the Track Staff walked out, followed by the Riders.

Of course, those were the days when Speedway was run professionally.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, *JJ said:

Well, this would certainly clear out the oldies, but whether it would encourage kids is another thing.

Irrelevant,  gotta actually get the kids in first.  Though oldies may well bail, then you have next to no crowd.

Ideally play a mixture of up to date chart stuff & some faster rockier numbers most folk will like, but as already mentioned, not the same blooming stuff every single blooming time.  Knew a DJ who used to do that, he may as well have just put a mix-tape on....

1 hour ago, adonis said:

Coventry  track staff  used to march out to imperial echoes ,

I have been trying to find out what that piece is called for YEARS, many thanks for that!

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:48 PM, SCB said:

Absolutely anything that is slow paces and from the 60s or 70s. Can't be having anything that gets people excited.

And that's the problem.

Telstar at Hackney and Arena

A walk in the black forest at Ipswich

Trouble is thrash metal and Rammstein arnt what the kids are listening to, that type of music and band have been going a good 20 years I'd say. Tbh I've no idea what youngsters listen to today

53 minutes ago, bruno said:

Trouble is thrash metal and Rammstein arnt what the kids are listening to, that type of music and band have been going a good 20 years I'd say. Tbh I've no idea what youngsters listen to today

RAP!!! :mad: :mad:

• Like 1