British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, bruno said:

Is there there a silent C TWK

My feelings exactly bruno. :approve:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bruno said:

Trouble is thrash metal and Rammstein arnt what the kids are listening to, that type of music and band have been going a good 20 years I'd say. Tbh I've no idea what youngsters listen to today

Mainly rubbish from Simon Bloody Cowell or that idiot Louis Walsh.

Edited by packerman

16 hours ago, bruno said:

Trouble is thrash metal and Rammstein arnt what the kids are listening to, that type of music and band have been going a good 20 years I'd say. Tbh I've no idea what youngsters listen to today

Grime, if my own kids are anything to go by.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adonis said:

If you hear something  as muzak or on the radio , and think to yourself what a load of crap , that's what they're listening to 

From what I can gather, it's someone who has programmed some generic beat onto a computer and talked using foul and abusive language about their breakfast over the top of it.

At last, there is music for the younger generation that I absolutely hate. Which is how it should be. Parents and kids liking the same music had become a bit of a thing that was not really how things were supposed to be.

• Like 1

With all this old time music being suggested, is it possible for the spectators to be given a pair of glasses with their admission ticket, so that they can watch the racing in black & white?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, The White Knight said:

RAP!!! :mad: :mad:

Now I can't stand Rap and I think I've even got it as a dislike on my forum notes.........but I actually watched a group on the X Factor this year and really liked their songs. :o Can't remember what they are called ~ sounded a bit like some Chinese dish ~ but they won so I can't have been alone in thinking they were okay.

57 minutes ago, Grachan said:

From what I can gather, it's someone who has programmed some generic beat onto a computer and talked using foul and abusive language about their breakfast over the top of it.

At last, there is music for the younger generation that I absolutely hate. Which is how it should be. Parents and kids liking the same music had become a bit of a thing that was not really how things were supposed to be.

I believe a popular topic of discussion among the grime community is the necessity for outerwear

Reference

Edited by MattK
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MattK said:

I believe a popular topic of discussion among the grime community is the necessity for outerwear

Reference

That's the one! "Moving that cornflakes. Rice Crispies"

Cracks me up, that song. "Two plus two is four, minus one that's three, quick maths" Classic stuff!

My son knows this off by heart and regularly entertains the family with it while holding his phone in his left hand.

Not sure how well it would work during track grading between heats 4 and 5 though.

Edited by Grachan

3 minutes ago, adonis said:

kids with more than 1 brain cell tend to like the music their parents like  , rap  is for wannabe blacks who drink white star under the skateboard ramp  and will be drug users in the future

Kids with no imagination more like.

I never understood why people my age used to listen to The Beatles when there was plenty of decent contemporary music available.

25 minutes ago, Grachan said:

That's the one! "Moving that cornflakes. Rice Crispies"

Cracks me up, that song. "Two plus two is four, minus one that's three, quick maths" Classic stuff!

My son knows this off by heart and regularly entertains the family with it while holding his phone in his left hand.

Not sure how well it would work during track grading between heats 4 and 5 though.

Here's one for the Riss brothers

29 minutes ago, adonis said:

kids with more than 1 brain cell tend to like the music their parents like  , rap  is for wannabe blacks who drink white star under the skateboard ramp  and will be drug users in the future

It's not rap. It's Grime. You clearly ain't been chillin' wiv da mandem, Bruv.

Think about it, though. If a 14 year old tells he mates he went to Speedway, and then says they play Stormzy there, then it might attract more interest.

I don't care if it's called Rap Crap, Hippy Hoppy, Jungle, House, Garage, Garden Shed, Grime or Slime, it's all a load of bollards.

Rock lives on....

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grachan said:

Grime, if my own kids are anything to go by.

You want to get them in the bath on a sunday night. Scrub that grime out ready for school on monday