British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

I don't care if it's called Rap Crap, Hippy Hoppy, Jungle, House, Garage, Garden Shed, Grime or Slime, it's all a load of bollards.

Rock lives on....

It certinaly does.  Assuming this a family forum: "round things to the wall, kick behind, guitar orientated rock and roll". 

Difficult getting kids into suff, they mostly can't be bothered.   Friends run Operation Raleigh-type schemes, went into schools saying to kids if they wrote sponsorship request letters to big firms they would probably (definately) get some money (all of it) towards funding the trips.  i.e just write a few letters and get everything, that's everything, paid for to do cool, worthwhile things and learn new skills, make new friends, in interesting countries all around the world. 

The take-up figure was around 10%....

10 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

It certinaly does.  Assuming this a family forum: "round things to the wall, kick behind, guitar orientated rock and roll". 

Difficult getting kids into suff, they mostly can't be bothered.   Friends run Operation Raleigh-type schemes, went into schools saying to kids if they wrote sponsorship request letters to big firms they would probably (definately) get some money (all of it) towards funding the trips.  i.e just write a few letters and get everything, that's everything, paid for to do cool, worthwhile things and learn new skills, make new friends, in interesting countries all around the world. 

The take-up figure was around 10%....

am-i-out-of-touch-no-its-the-children-who-are-wrong.jpg