British Speedway Forum

Usually we know quite early on.

Would be good to have an anooncement

Edited by Gunner85

We know virtually zilch about next season at all, apart from the briefest of brief "press releases" from BSPA

I suspect the BSPA don't really know either

It seems like it’s impossible to get any class riders in the BEN meeting, when you look at the riders in the first BEN meeting, then the one from this season what a difference, it wouldn’t surprise me if there was novBEN meeting next season

I thought that Paul Akroyd was taking about a change of formulae to next seasons Ben Fund meeting

It wasn't that many years ago that this meeting signaled the start of the season and the Worlds best were only to willing to accept the meeting. Nowadays that has changed and while the reason for the meeting remains a hugely important one you get the feeling the vast majority of riders see the meeting as a bit of an inconvenience rather than an honour to take part in the meeting.

Can anyone post the line up of the first Ben fund, would be interesting

Can anyone post the line up of the first Ben fund, would be interesting

2009 Scores: Kevin Doolan 6, Ricky Ashworth 11, Kauko Nieminen 5, Ben Barker 10, Fredrik Lindgren 9, Leigh Adams 14, Davey Watt 7, Filip Sitera 5, Josh Auty 3, Jason Lyons 1, Tai Woffinden 13, Scott Nicholls 7, Andre Compton 7, Jason Crump 13, Richard Hall 5, Edward Kennett 4. Edited by Noodles

Looking at that Amazing lineup and this seasons says it all really, riders not interested in it now, why should Paul Acyroyed work is socks off together with all his helpers, when the riders can’t be bothered

Not as good as I imagined to be honest I'd argue the only top riders back then were Lindgren Adams Nicholls and Crump although it's a million miles better than today's line ups

What was the line up at rye house I remember Nicki being there

2010 meeting at Rye House had:

Nicki Pedersen 12, Jason Crump 11, Krzysztof Kasprzak 11, Edward Kennett 10, Freddie Lindgren 10, Chris Neath 7, Ben Barker 7, Steve Johnston 7, Rory Schlein 6, Scott Nicholls 5, Niels Kristian Iversen 5, Tai Woffinden 4, Leigh Adams 4, Kevin Doolan 4, Daniel King 4, Adam Shields 3, Craig Watson 3, Filip Sitera 3, Viktor Bergstrom 1, Tomas Topinka 0

I was at that one as well think Adams took Nicki out on the fourth bend and Nicki ended up through the fence, shame the top riders can't be bothered these days but I suppose seeing as they don't ride here why should they

I was at that one as well think Adams took Nicki out on the fourth bend and Nicki ended up through the fence, shame the top riders can't be bothered these days but I suppose seeing as they don't ride here why should they

All I remember was that it was freezing cold.

Yeh I remember that as well but no where near as cold as the winter meeting at Scunny one year first time I've ever left anything before the end

Yeh I remember that as well but no where near as cold as the winter meeting at Scunny one year first time I've ever left anything before the end

That was freezing on a Saturday afternoon , but the following year it was shorts and t-shirt weather in Birmingham , the Baltic weather made a return at Berwick the following March . Honestly that night was the coldest i'd ever experienced at the speedway .