British Speedway Forum

Thats me and 3 others almost certainly not coming now. With 260 miles each way and at least 4.5 hours travelling time, an evening start isnt on for us.

6.30pm start, finish unlikely before 8.30pm will make that a very very long day. Besides, I have to be up at 4.30am for a 12 hour shift on Monday!

This meeting needs a weekend daytime start.Better for everyone.

Sorry, not at all happy with this decision.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, blupanther said:

As they do for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday meetings...

Yes, but fans are aware that is the norm for a league meeting, where you probably only get a handful of away fans from one team.  The meeting in question is a 'prestigous' meeting on the calendar where fans from all over the country attend, a 6.30 start on a Sunday is no good to a large majority, Paul Ackroyd must be fuming.

How many times in the past have Peterborough mess around with dates and start times, they should be nowhere near hosting an event like this.

• Like 1

like many others i have booked accommodation so later start not a big issue. however, yet again this is another kick in the teeth. i'd reckon crowd will be down 50%.. 

A total shambles clearly due to Simon Stead meeting the same day . What idiot would schedule two meetings like this on same day and  geographically so near?

5 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

A total shambles clearly due to Simon Stead meeting the same day . What idiot would schedule two meetings like this on same day and  geographically so near?

They didnt!!!!

Unless someone has jumped a week :blink:

Was almost certainly going to this but not now.  I expect it to drag on until 10pm.  I'm getting too old for motorcycling at night in the cold! Would've been ok in the daytime but recovery when I get home and then work the next day makes it a no no.  It's also all but ended my PL attendance due to the fixed nights whereas I did go last year to Rye, Belle Vue and Somerset.

change of times will hit the fund hard, so many supporters that were looking forward to this now won't bother.

real shame, the lineup deserves a damn good crowd

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dodger Blue said:

They didnt!!!!

Unless someone has jumped a week :blink:

Apologise for rant but I am pretty certain the Simon Stead meeting was originally scheduled for the same day as Ben Fund at Leicester. 

Was really looking forward to a Sunday afternoon meeting but Sunday evening is not so appealing.  20 heats followed by a race jacket and memorabilia auction is going to make for a very late finish, especially if there are any hold ups etc.  I am sure the later start time will now discourage many fans who may have journeys of more than an hour or so to the stadium.  I for one am now undecided whether to bother but will wait until the Sunday morning to make my decision about travelling up from London and it will probably depend a lot on the  weather temperature etc,  cold afternoons I can cope with but cold, damp and dark March evenings are not at all my idea of a night out especially with a long journey there and back.   It would be interesting to know exactly what forced this change of time as surely everything regarding this meeting should have been agreed with the showground before it was advertised.  This appeared to be a well organised meeting on a Sunday afternoon that all the family could attend the change of time has certainly put paid to that idea.

• Like 1

Sadly that's me not going now either.  Speedway at night in the middle of March is way to cold.

Damn shame, because it WILL affect the crowd levels, and the Ben Fund deserves and needs all the support it can muster. 

Not been on for a while, the sport has lost some of its attraction, I was really looking forward to going to this event, good line up, decent time to start so its not too cold and hoping to be home for 7pm. The season hasn't even started and I have lost two meeting already, due to the farce of losing the Coventry vs Birmingham fixture as well. The usual excuse beyond our control, surely they signed a contract with the showground. dear, dear, dear here we go again another nail in the coffin.

14 minutes ago, P T Preece said:

Not been on for a while, the sport has lost some of its attraction, I was really looking forward to going to this event, good line up, decent time to start so its not too cold and hoping to be home for 7pm. The season hasn't even started and I have lost two meeting already, due to the farce of losing the Coventry vs Birmingham fixture as well. The usual excuse beyond our control, surely they signed a contract with the showground. dear, dear, dear here we go again another nail in the coffin.

If they did then I guess that what's on the club website fixtures page also comes with the territory these days: "Please note that the fixtures and dates below are subject to change at short notice."

• Like 1

18.30 start is bad enough but that's not the issue with me , it's the first meeting and the times altered which just adds to the notion the organisation is shocking. It may not be anyone's fault whose involved with the club but year on year we get treated like idiots from most clubs. It's just one thing after another. Will I attend now? Maybe, but if the weather doesn't improve and warm up a bit I will like most have another think. Shame because it's the best line up for years. They don't seem to get it that speedway need the fans more than the fans need speedway nowadays

• Thanks 1