British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Mark said:

Stupid change to 6.30pm start.  Meeting won't finish to almost 9pm.  Likely to be freezing cold and a very late return home whether I like it or not. 

Work next day so I'm not going now.  Crowd minus one and by looks of it others not going.       Gutted as its a good line up but the decision is ridiculous.

Most including the organisers would likely agree with you. But as said earlier doubtful there was much choice, Showground management tend to ride rough shod over Speedway when it suits them. My suspicion is that Speedway is just fitted in around other events and is purely on a meeting by meeting basis with no formal contract. You will never hear the Speedway promotion being critical of the Showground probably I suspect  because the reply will likely to be "if you don't like it do the other thing"

Surely the question was asked to the showground is there anything else on that day and what time can we have the showground from. Why announce a time that's not possible. An honest explanation would help. Smacks of poor planning but I'm guessing because we're never told anything. Told my wife and she said why do you follow it, the sports a shambles

11 hours ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Maybe it's not the showground?  Surely if it was they would have said, instead of being secretive, but hey ho , secretive and speedway unfortunately go hand in hand.

I agree, there's never enough plain speaking and leads to the fans' mistrust of those 'in charge'.  If it is the showground young drivers event then it's a mistake by the Panthers promotion surely as someone said that had been in the calendar for some time.  I really hope it's not down to rider availability.

2 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Most including the organisers would likely agree with you. But as said earlier doubtful there was much choice, Showground management tend to ride rough shod over Speedway when it suits them. My suspicion is that Speedway is just fitted in around other events and is purely on a meeting by meeting basis with no formal contract. You will never hear the Speedway promotion being critical of the Showground probably I suspect  because the reply will likely to be "if you don't like it do the other thing"

I'm sure the Peterborough management do not want the change but the time HAS changed just two weeks before the meeting.  Loads of people would have made plans by now

Maybe this was avoidable had those in charge ensured a change could not be made at this late stage.

Surely the important thing in all this is that the SRBF does not lose out . I am sure that there are no BSF posters who are unable to attend now who will not be paying the same sum into the fund. Nobody in the wonderful speedway family can be that narrow minded.  There is no reason if you can't (or won't now) attend this meeting for contributions still not to be made. At least the petrol companies will then be the only losers.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Ore said:

Surely the important thing in all this is that the SRBF does not lose out . I am sure that there are no BSF posters who are unable to attend now who will not be paying the same sum into the fund. Nobody in the wonderful speedway family can be that narrow minded.  There is no reason if you can't (or won't now) attend this meeting for contributions still not to be made. At least the petrol companies will then be the only losers.   

Well said, and totally agree.

The change in start-time is far from ideal for some people, but the last thing that anyone wants to see is the Ben Fund miss out as a result.

If you were planning to go, but now can't, there's still a chance for you to contribute here, by simply clicking on the 'Make A Donation' button: http://srbf.co.uk/

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Wonder what the track will be like after Peterborough have announced their P&P day for the 17th?  Why can't the Ben Fund be on the 17th and PP on  Sunday?

Suggest those that are not happy make their feelings known to Showground management. Not that they will care one jot.

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Wonder what the track will be like after Peterborough have announced their P&P day for the 17th?  Why can't the Ben Fund be on the 17th and PP on  Sunday?

The answer to that question is in this weeks  Speedway Star

10 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Suggest those that are not happy make their feelings known to Showground management. Not that they will care one jot.

It'd also put the rent up so gripe on here if you wish (that's everybody, not aimed at you) but that's all. As for it's in the SS Rodders, it's like saying that there's a good article in Timber Trades Journal about speedway fencing i.e. without the detail it doesn't help. 

1 hour ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Maybe ged can make up the short fall from his Torun money.

Have a day off!

35 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

It'd also put the rent up so gripe on here if you wish (that's everybody, not aimed at you) but that's all. As for it's in the SS Rodders, it's like saying that there's a good article in Timber Trades Journal about speedway fencing i.e. without the detail it doesn't help. 

What people should  understand is that EOES act like they are doing us a personal favour by allowing Speedway at all

19 hours ago, BobC said:

In the Star article, they say 'its out of our control'. 

Please can someone explain what that is?

Be open and simply tell us the truth.

Because as someone stated earlier the Showground call the shots and Peterborough Speedway does as its told.

It’s not the first time it’s happened and won’t be the last, it happens every year and sometimes more than once, it’s very frustrating but at the end of the day we can only use the Showground on their terms.

30 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

What people should  understand is that EOES act like they are doing us a personal favour by allowing Speedway at all

Seems to have been the case for the last 15 years but it is what it is and not getting any better as the EoES shrinks with a single access route, as for the future plans, who knows. Problem is that we know what it's like and no matter how many times you say it you still get people on here coming up with the logical solution, when running at the EoES is anything but logical. It'd help if we communicated things better. I've no idea why we don't.

Edited by Crump99