British Speedway Forum

Obviously too late for this year, but in future years perhaps EOES is a venue not to be used for other speedway events:unsure:

3 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Clearly a tongue in cheek post.so maybe you need to get a life.

It's not clear at all and not a topic to be assuming that everyone can second guess your thought pattern!

14 minutes ago, Badge said:

Obviously too late for this year, but in future years perhaps EOES is a venue not to be used for other speedway events:unsure:

A sledgehammer to crack a nut suggestion if ever there was one.

8 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

A sledgehammer to crack a nut suggestion if ever there was one.

But true none the less. This appears to be an on going problem (according to you Panthers fans) but to us outsiders its something new. 

There are many other good, and better, tracks that deserve such events.

It all comes down to planning.  Doing the hard work, making sure that everything is in place,  before making announcements, this would create confidence and credibility. 

Also, when things go wrong, put your hands up, and be honest, don't hide behind cleshays, 'beyond our control '.

Supporters need to be treated with respect. 

I am sure that the great speedway supporting public will do their best to support this meeting despite the difficulties caused by the lack of respect. 

57 minutes ago, Counter said:

It all comes down to planning.  Doing the hard work, making sure that everything is in place,  before making announcements, this would create confidence and credibility. 

Also, when things go wrong, put your hands up, and be honest, don't hide behind cleshays, 'beyond our control '.

I am sure that the great speedway supporting public will do their best to support this meeting despite the difficulties caused by the lack of respect. 

Regarding the organisers and the Showground you have  idea  what you are talking about. The Showground  calls the shots and like it or not  Speedway likes it or lumps it.

I get it the speedway has no say in what goes on at the showground but what I don't get is announcing a time but not knowing another event of some sort is already taking place. I suppose really it should be the showground telling the speedway rather than the speedway asking. Either way it's the fans who get messed about again

52 minutes ago, bruno said:

52 minutes ago, bruno said:

I get it the speedway has no say in what goes on at the showground but what I don't get is announcing a time but not knowing another event of some sort is already taking place. I suppose really it should be the showground telling the speedway rather than the speedway asking. Either way it's the fans who get messed about again

It is not unknown for the showground to give the ok as has happened in this case and then decide another event will  take longer than expected then ask ( demand) that Speedway fits in with this.

Edited by wealdstone

3 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

It is not unknown for the showground to give the ok as has happened in this case and then decide another event will  take longer than expected then ask ( demand) that Speedway fits in with this.

Potential for further disruption when Newcastle's visit in May clashes with the 2 day MCN Festival and Flat Track Nationals.

1 minute ago, Alan_Jones said:

Potential for further disruption when Newcastle's visit in May clashes with the 2 day MCN Festival and Flat Track Nationals.

Not true - the Panthers v Newcastle match is part of the festival

http://www.mcnfestival.com/speedway

2 minutes ago, Alan_Jones said:

The potential's still there.

How? It's not being run alongside the show - it's part of the show. It was a huge success last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Counter said:

So why didn't all these other great deserving tracks put themselves forward to host the event.