British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Im gonna stick my head above the parapet on this one and state I dont fully agree with the 'send your money anyway' stance.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Ben fund cause of course but it seems symptomatic of speedway to expect fans still to pay out their cash even when they will get precisely nothing for it.

You're as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. 

My reasoning is that I didn't want the benefit fund and ultimately the riders who need it's help to lose out for a problem which they played no part in creating. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

My reasoning is that I didn't want the benefit fund and ultimately the riders who need it's help to lose out for a problem which they played no part in creating. 

Both opinions are valid, its all down to the individual i suppose. Will still be making the trip myself, its a cracking line up...

• Like 1

Still expecting to make the trip myself although with revised travel companions

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Certainly not being critical of the view and indeed I have done exactly that myself before with the Ricky Ashworth day

Donations to the SRBF can be made at any time, no need for a meeting/event to do that.  However, just because I am now not going, I won't be making a donation as an alternative, I will do that in my own time as always.

• Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:31 PM, Stainlesssteelride said:

No i meant every word of it, even the deleted bits.  But hey ho, it's just my opinion, of which I am obviously not allowed. 

Or course you're entitled to your opiniont but don't get upset when someone replies thinking that you're a berk.

Well my opinion was somewhat deleted, so not exactly entitled to it.  As for the berk thing, that's fine as well, as I think a lot worse of others, and I'm pretty sure it's compulsory for a speedway fan to at least be a berk as a minimum requirement.

Edited by Stainlesssteelride

9 minutes ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Well my opinion was somewhat deleted, so not exactly entitled to it.  As for the berk thing, that's fine as well, as I think a lot worse of others, and I'm pretty sure it's compulsory for a speedway fan to at least be a berk as a minimum requirement.

Don't get the deleted bit but never mind. As for all being berks, I think that's a fair point although too often mugs is probably more appropriate.

wiĺl this meeting go ahead? With all the rain ,snow and ice we have had. Not so sure.

10 hours ago, adonis said:

Snow for the east of England  Sat/Sun , and sub zero temps ,  Might be as well to cancel now  

Yep call it off now im sure everyone will understand 

I hope its not cancelled , me and Willie are coming from the Arctic north and have spent a fortune on train tickets . Not too bothered about the later start time as we're staying in the Holiday inn overnight anyway , the only issue i have is how i keep Willie soberish until half 6 . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The organisers of the 2018 Ben Fund Bonanza due to be at Peterborough this Sunday have been forced to postpone the event due to adverse weather.

It is the first postponement in the ten years that the event has been run, but a restaging date will be found.

Paul Ackroyd said “We have had to call it off because the track is unfit, and can’t be made raceable in time due to the poor weather and the forecast of it worsening over the weekend, when we are told it will be cold and unpleasant.

“We are extremely disappointed of course but we have made the decision at an early stage to prevent inconvenience and to allow people to cancel any travel arrangements they have made. I feel for Ged and his staff and the Showground people who have worked hard to prepare for the meeting.

“It will be restaged at some point and we will make that announcement at the earliest time possible.”