British Speedway Forum

On 18/03/2018 at 3:51 PM, Isotonic said:

If it he was to blame wouldn't we just be told that  "the actions of Mr Godfrey were accepted as being made at all times with the best intentions, and in consideration of his role within British Speedway". (Borrowed the quote from the SCB)

No.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, Bear_Bottom said:

...which will now be at Redcar on Sunday October 7 (2pm) :D

Well I for one definitely won't be going to this meeting, I support the Ben Fund 100% and had it been re-arranged at any other track I would have made the effort to go if it was within travelling distance. The money I would have spent going to the meeting at Peterborough i will now donate directly to the Ben Fund online.

Sorry Redcar supporters nothing against you or your team personally.

Edited by hammer1969
Got some facts wrong apology below just hope I've got things right this time.

Godfrey promotes Scunthorpe, not Redcar. Mr Keay is the Bears promotor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Well I for one definitely won't be going to this meeting, I support the Ben Fund 100% and had it been re-arranged at any other track I would have made the effort to go if it was within travelling distance. The money I would have spent going to the meeting at Peterborough I will now donate directly to the Ben Fund online but I will not grace Redcar and Mr Godfrey with my presence.  It's bad enough that a certain person is allowed to mess with the race fixture list (ie Lakeside v Peterborough Friday fixtures) that have been arranged since March this year but I will not be party to have to listen to him saying what a wonderful meeting he put on for the Ben Fund. Sorry Redcar supporters nothing against you or your team personally I just think the way your promoter goes about doing things is way out of order and needs sorting out.

An apology due to Kevin Keay there, mate.

Will you be going now, since you've realised your rant was directed at the wrong track?

32 minutes ago, Bryce said:

Godfrey promotes Scunthorpe, not Redcar. Mr Keay is the Bears promotor.

24 minutes ago, Uluru said:

An apology due to Kevin Keay there, mate.

Will you be going now, since you've realised your rant was directed at the wrong track?

Oops sorry for the mistake need to put my brain in gear before opening my mouth, I was at Lakeside last night and comments made about Mr Godfrey and messing with the fixture list wound me up but am I right in thinking he still had a hand in where it is being re staged.   Unfortunately I still won't be going as the travelling is too far but I will still be making my donation via the Ben Fund Website. Sorry again Redcar and Mr. Keays.

Edited by hammer1969
Predictive text.
  • Like 1

Ben Fund Donation via the online Paypal facility: I made a donation earlier this morning and got a curious Error message and cannot clarify if everything is OK with that link. Or even if my donation went through.  If anyone has done this recently and had a similar problem please let me know. It was just odd and a little suspicious.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:17 PM, waytogo28 said:

Ben Fund Donation via the online Paypal facility: I made a donation earlier this morning and got a curious Error message and cannot clarify if everything is OK with that link. Or even if my donation went through.  If anyone has done this recently and had a similar problem please let me know. It was just odd and a little suspicious.

I'm sure if you email Paul Ackroyd he would be able to confirm on way or another for you - ackroyd-p@hotmail.co.uk

1 hour ago, kitten2502 said:

I'm sure if you email Paul Ackroyd he would be able to confirm on way or another for you - ackroyd-p@hotmail.co.uk

Sorry, I should have posted. he contacted me from my initial post and has confirmed the arrival of my donation ( in lieu of going to the Ben Fund meeting ). It was just very odd and raised my suspicions ( totally cleared up now ) that there was some problem. Maybe everyone else who can't get there will chuck in something. I hope some can and do.

• Like 1

Any news on riders taking part in this yet?

Short message on Redcar website, meeting has now been postponed.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Hmmmmm my guess is rider apathy to blame. Hope I’m wrong 

I doubt it. I think it's time the Ben Fund organisers named and shamed those riders who have been approached and refused. There are four Premiership and four championship clubs still active (not including Lakeside and Peterborough who are riding that day). Notwithstanding the GP on the saturday, it is appalling that the organisers can't get 16 riders to turn up and ride. Supporters are willing to put themselves out to attend what is essentially a "nothing" meeting and contribute to a fund that benefits the RIDERS, yet it would appear that the majority can't be arsed to ride.

I think it should be a condition of every clubs BSPA membership that they provide a minimum of one rider to ride in the meeting, and a condition of every riders contract with their club that they ride (for minimum expenses) if requested by their club unless they have a VERY VERY good reason not to (i.e. injury)..

• Like 4