British Speedway Forum

I've just found out that this is off (when I opened my copy of the SS...when it's busy at work I don't get on here much).

I've got my sons coming home this weekend for this meeting reading the article just makes me feel crap. The usual mealy mouthed "we want to apologise to travelling fans" insincerity...it's unprofessional and depressing. 

It shouldn't matter who is riding in this meeting,  it's not the point...run it as a Stars of Tomorrow or something.

A dismal end to a dismal season.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:06 PM, Terrace Grumbler said:

I've just found out that this is off (when I opened my copy of the SS...when it's busy at work I don't get on here much).

I've got my sons coming home this weekend for this meeting reading the article just makes me feel crap. The usual mealy mouthed "we want to apologise to travelling fans" insincerity...it's unprofessional and depressing. 

It shouldn't matter who is riding in this meeting,  it's not the point...run it as a Stars of Tomorrow or something.

But then the crowd would be terrible and it wouldn't achieve what its set out to do 

On 10/8/2018 at 4:36 PM, phillipsr said:

But then the crowd would be terrible and it wouldn't achieve what its set out to do 

So nothing is better than something?

On 10/10/2018 at 11:26 AM, iainb said:

So nothing is better than something?

In this case id say so yes.. what good would an empty stadium do anyone? there is a cost to  running these meetings 

3 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

In this case id say so yes.. what good would an empty stadium do anyone? there is a cost to  running these meetings 

I'm sure it wouldn't have been empty

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'm sure it wouldn't have been empty

maybe but not enough to cover the costs of running which would devalue the meeting... better to wait until a better field can be assembled 

On 10/8/2018 at 4:36 PM, phillipsr said:

I think it says it all that there were not enough experienced riders prepared to turn out, even in very early October. Beyond disappointing to me.