Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Was always going to do the Steady meeting the weekend after but think il give Ben Fund a miss anyway and spend it at Sheffield. Sick and tired of being taken for a mug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been brought to our attention that fans have been emailing the East of England Showground direct about the change to the start time of the Ben Fund meeting. On behalf of the Peterborough promotion and the Ben Fund organisers we request fans NOT to do this. It will not help, and will only serve to damage the good relationship between Peterborough Speedway and our Landlords.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

It has been brought to our attention that fans have been emailing the East of England Showground direct about the change to the start time of the Ben Fund meeting. On behalf of the Peterborough promotion and the Ben Fund organisers we request fans NOT to do this. It will not help, and will only serve to damage the good relationship between Peterborough Speedway and our Landlords.

That statement speaks volumes!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I can sympathise with Peterborough re fans emailing the stadium about the change of start time to the Ben Fund meeting us fans were looking forward to a good afternoon of speedway, track walks, riders signing autographs etc early start and reasonable finish time.  Now we have been promised a prompt 6.30pm start with hopefully no hold  ups and hopefully an 8.30pm finish. In other words instead of an enjoyable relaxed meeting with added extras we now have a rushed through meeting presumably with the extras axed and fans, especially those who have long journeys, who were looking forward to this meeting now deciding not to go.  No wonder us supporters are fed up and deserting the sport in droves.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I take it the showground know this event was making thousands of pounds which goes to help injured speedway riders..and now won't be making so many thousands.   

And I take it they don't want any speedway fans asking why things needed to be changed.  

 

If the Ben Fund was serious about making as much money for its fund I'm very surprised they didn't change venue.

Edited by Stainlesssteelride

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

I take it the showground know this event was making thousands of pounds which goes to help injured speedway riders..and now won't be making so many thousands.   

And I take it they don't want any speedway fans asking why things needed to be changed.  

 

If the Ben Fund was serious about making as much money for its fund I'm very surprised they didn't change venue.

Sure your comments about EOES are correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

It has been brought to our attention that fans have been emailing the East of England Showground direct about the change to the start time of the Ben Fund meeting. On behalf of the Peterborough promotion and the Ben Fund organisers we request fans NOT to do this. It will not help, and will only serve to damage the good relationship between Peterborough Speedway and our Landlords.

Well, spell it out why two events can't be run simultaneously, it was always the case before everyone got scared of H and S and litigation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't sound like the panthers have a good relationship with the showground at all, and if emails to the showground could damage your relationship., then they need to be outed in the regional papers and news as it sounds like they are a bunch of bullys , if what's being said is true.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

It has been brought to our attention that fans have been emailing the East of England Showground direct about the change to the start time of the Ben Fund meeting. On behalf of the Peterborough promotion and the Ben Fund organisers we request fans NOT to do this. It will not help, and will only serve to damage the good relationship between Peterborough Speedway and our Landlords.

Maybe fans are fed up with “unforeseen circumstances”, followed with words that explain nothing. 

Damage a good relationship? The most charitable, beneficial meeting of the season will now lose much needed contributions. Great relationship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stainlesssteelride said:

Doesn't sound like the panthers have a good relationship with the showground at all, and if emails to the showground could damage your relationship., then they need to be outed in the regional papers and news as it sounds like they are a bunch of bullys , if what's being said is true.

Maybe the panthers should have said the money raised was going to injured and disabled Muslims, I bet the time wouldn't have been changed then.

Is that one of your tongue in cheek posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously with riders flying in etc the day could not of been changed. But could it not of been moved down the road to say kings lynn for the original start time. The big lose here will be the Ben Fund itself. I know from kent alone the planned coach trip was cancelled and numerous of us who were going up in cars are questionable a best. 

As one of the primary income streams this meeting should ve made available to the widest available audience.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Obviously with riders flying in etc the day could not of been changed. But could it not of been moved down the road to say kings lynn for the original start time. The big lose here will be the Ben Fund itself. I know from kent alone the planned coach trip was cancelled and numerous of us who were going up in cars are questionable a best. 

As one of the primary income streams this meeting should ve made available to the widest available audience.

Totally agree with all you say a Sunday evening start time is the worst possible time for traveling fans .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going now but have donated my entrance fee to the SRBF. I hope others can do the same to try to help make up any loss of income from the meeting. 

http://www.srbf.co.uk

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I'm not going now but have donated my entrance fee to the SRBF. I hope others can do the same to try to help make up any loss of income from the meeting. 

http://www.srbf.co.uk

Im gonna stick my head above the parapet on this one and state I dont fully agree with the 'send your money anyway' stance.

I wholeheartedly agree with the Ben fund cause of course but it seems symptomatic of speedway to expect fans still to pay out their cash even when they will get precisely nothing for it.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy