British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Nichols/kennett Rule

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

It is bomber riding rye house and glasgow

The Prem and the Champ might be to close,but it should be one rule for all.Scott 7.48.Bomber 7.63.If I was Scotty,i'd be miffed.

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

The Prem and the Champ might be to close,but it should be one rule for all.Scott 7.48.Bomber 7.63.If I was Scotty,i'd be miffed.

I totally agree.  Their justification is that Bomber rode in the CL last season and Nicholls didn't.  The fact that Bomber has a higher PL average counts for nothing (apparently).  More self interest :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Same old rubbish...as usual let's just bend the rules.  Bending the rules does have to come to an end sometime. 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Same old rubbish...as usual let's just bend the rules.  Bending the rules does have to come to an end sometime. 

If it don't come soon, it could well be to late :( 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

It's not as if Nicholls & Kennett are to be unemployed in 2018, and as things stand, some 2017 double uppers such as Jack Smith, Ricky Wells, Eric Riss will not be riding in both the PL &CL this Season.

The statement on the BSPA website justifying the restriction on doubling UP " in order to gain more control of the doubling-up situation and begin steps to reduce the prospect of Premiership and Championship clubs looking too similar"  seems reasonable.

Allowing those who already double-upped in 2017 to continue to do so, also seems fair - a bit like the proposed residency criteria for Brexit eh:rolleyes:

And to remind all the "Brits First" brigade, it's not only Nicholls & Kennett  that are prevented from doubling-up, so are the likes of Max Fricke, Rohan Tungate, Hans Andersen, and David Bellego etc.

• Like 1

Doubling up was originally intended to give up and coming British riders the chance of experience in the top league without the risk of losing their 2nd tier place

It soon mushroomed out of all recognition due to the usual self interest over riding a perfectly sensible original ethic

If it is to stay long term lets go back to Brits only at anytime with restrictions to 1 or 2 years for non Brits (if at all)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Doubling up was originally intended to give up and coming British riders the chance of experience in the top league without the risk of losing their 2nd tier place

It soon mushroomed out of all recognition due to the usual self interest over riding a perfectly sensible original ethic

If it is to stay long term lets go back to Brits only at anytime with restrictions to 1 or 2 years for non Brits (if at all)

Different environment when originally introduced as there was a larger pool of UK talent in the second tier of racing.

Kennett & Nicholls would still not have been eligible as a) they can hardly now be described as "up and coming", and if iirc, b ) riders could only double up from their current second tier team to a top tier side, not  double down from a current top tier side to a second tier team.

I do not understand why Scott is excluded as in theory he did double up albeit as guest for Sheffield and Ipswich. It might be down to the exact definition of double up. Is it permanent signing for a club for a full season or riding in both leagues possibly as a floater.  Who knows the mysterious ways in which the rules are made and then interpreted. No wonder most supporters think the powers that Be have lost the plot. Bit like the number of meetings this season. Less means more. I doubt it. Simply putting ‘reserve dates’ in the list of meetings is a joke. Take a look at the number in the Ipswich schedule.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I dont think Peterboroughs involvement has anything to do with it. They didnt get involved until many weeks after the original scenario unfolded....

I think Peterborough’s involvement has everything to do with it, you really don’t know the half of it.

Just now, bigcatdiary said:

I think Peterborough’s involvement has everything to do with it, you really don’t know the half of it.

Fair enough BCD

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:02 AM, hyderd said:

Why Nichols and Kennet, but not Morris who coincidentally has a higher average in the Prem than both Nichols and Kennet

Because it's discrimination.  Harris and Morris aren't even riding for the same CL sides as last year and were openly traded.  I've seen favouritism for Harris before from the BSPA but not Morris.  If all riders over 6 PL average were banned I could see that at least it would be fair.

• Like 1

Exactly the point.  If a rule is to be implemented it should apply to all riders fairly - 6 average or above no doubling up.  Am I right in assuming that this rule will also stop Nicholls, Kennett and others with an average above 6 who are only riding in the Premiership from guesting in the Championship in 2018.  Looking further ahead I reckon it's going to be an almighty mess in 2019 when riders have to choose which league to ride in - or possibly not as the rules will probably change again and again and again before then. For goodness sake BSPA get your act together.

12 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I expect Scott would put it a bit stronger than miffed!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Yes I agree probably to get back at them for the Jack Holder saga as I think they were after using Scott.