British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Nichols/kennett Rule

Does anyone know if the Championship team voted on this rule being re-instated?

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:16 PM, Triple.H. said:

Surely Eddie Kennett is easy to sort out an average. Use his last PL(2nd tier) average x multiplier(1.1 or 0.8 etc) so his average is equal to the strength of the current CL.

Scott Nicholls one for the statto's

How many guest appearances did he make in the PL last year. If not enough matches to form an average. Work out his average per ride and multiply by 4.

Just what I said

Edited by Barrow Boy 2

On 02/02/2018 at 4:20 PM, Steve0 said:

Why single Morris out?  He rode in the CL last season so is allowed to ride.  I agree that ALL riders with a PL average of a particular value shouldn't be allowed to double-up (currently 6 I believe) and not just those that didn't ride CL last year but I think it is unfair to single out individual riders.

He is Swindon’s no. 1 on a near 9 point average.

They set a rule that you can only have one per team but ignore doubling up - nonsense.

funny how the championship want pl riders but don't want to step up a league. That's the problem! 

For 2019 all averages converted to pl averages with cl cubs building to 21.25. No riders over 6. There after the conversion rate will we 50% . Half. 

would make the whole thing a lot more credible.

plus it would mean any pl team would be unlikely to have more than 3 double up riders naturally. And more top nl brits would get a chance too. Especially if they came in on a 1.00

its odd how the championship clubs. Knowing the rules. Would hold out their team building efforts on unallowable riders. Move on. Build without. Peterborough are really becoming a nuicence club. 

• Like 2

Looks like holding out on team building has paid off for Peterborough after all.

Edited by scoobydoo

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Looks like holding out on team building has paid off for Peterborough after all.

Well if you think so,probably make not much difference unless they get rid of a few riders later on and have no money left as nicholls will not be cheap..

• Like 1

Are any so called number 1s cheap?  most teams at some point have to make changes, but more to the point is the unallowed rider is now as it seems allowed. 

The problem the BSPA has is announcing (or not!) a new rule with no warning,

I can see the reasons for wanting to exclude Scott and Eddie BUT you shouldn't just bring it it.

Why not say: From 2019 season, this is what will happen.

If gives everyone time to adjust.

Same thing applies over bringing in riders from overseas. 

The decision is arguable but a case can be made out. 

What is wrong, is bring it 'overnight' (and not announcing the change).

These are simple management issues which should never arise in public.

Anyway, who is in charge?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

I can see the reasons for wanting to exclude Scott and Eddie BUT you shouldn't just bring it it.

You do realise that for the previous 20 odd seasons before, that the rule was in place?  Then only relaxed it for one season. Did they give any advanced warning then?

14 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

There has been no change in rule. As mentioned above, last year no rider had a top tier average, with everyone having one single average. As a result, everyone was eligible for the lower tier and some riders took advantage of that.

This rule has been in effect for as long as I can remember - riders over 6.00 in the top tier cannot drop down.

With regards the riders from overseas, the new visa restrictions were pretty well publicised a couple of years back.

I didn't realise the rule had been in place.

The visa rules changed this year which is why that young American and some Oz lads were ruled out.

37 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I didn't realise the rule had been in place.

The visa rules changed this year which is why that young American and some Oz lads were ruled out.

They changed before this year. I think it was last year, but may even have been the year before. I remember reading about it. Those riders would have been ruled out last year too.

(Edit - it was January 2015 - http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/3924/british-speedway-in-visa-crisis )

Edited by Grachan

3 hours ago, Grachan said:

They changed before this year. I think it was last year, but may even have been the year before. I remember reading about it. Those riders would have been ruled out last year too.

(Edit - it was January 2015 - http://www.speedwaygp.com/news/article/3924/british-speedway-in-visa-crisis )

I thought I saw something this winter about top 3 from State finals in Oz being able to get a visa. I thought that was new.

32 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

I thought I saw something this winter about top 3 from State finals in Oz being able to get a visa. I thought that was new.

Maybe you should take some of the propagnada thrown about by riders and clubs with a pinch of salt and realise they're talking crap to make mugs who'll believe them feel sorry for them.

Can someone tell me if Kennett and Scott can now double up.  Or not.