British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Nichols/kennett Rule

21 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Poland are in the EU, so should have to play by EU laws, yes or no.????

I'm no expert, so please correct me but I don't think there is an EU law which covers discrimination based on nationality.

21 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The link quite clearly quotes

'Since the UK joined the EU Scots law has also been affected by European law....'

Next...

I'm not sure what you point is. A rider has challenged the BRITISH speedway authorities. If the BSPA/SCB want to avoid this in the future, then the rules and regulations have to abide by UK law.

6 hours ago, MattK said:

I'm not sure what you point is. A rider has challenged the BRITISH speedway authorities. If the BSPA/SCB want to avoid this in the future, then the rules and regulations have to abide by UK law.

My point was you had said Poland didnt have to abide by British law and I was stating they effectively they do as the law is the same - European law.

Therefore if one can impose restrictions then so can another (or most likely BOTH are undertaking illegal practices)

The new arrangement is likely to be just as illegal as the old and can only remain until challenged