British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
westlakejawa

Race Nights

On 29/12/2017 at 4:26 PM, sugarray said:

Would make sense for Poole Somerset and Swindon to work together.

A few floating fans do all 3

Yep. Those who want to see the champions, those who want to see the world champion and those who want to see the champions from years ago. :)

• Haha 1

How many meetings will be staged in the 2018? can we have a "spring cup" that's 7 home & 7 away, followed by then meet all other reams twice in the league =14 home & 14 away.

Careful planing to avoid meeting the same visiting team within 3 weeks! What speedway doesn't need is the stop - start fixtures of the last few years.

This would give all teams 21 home & 21 away meetings + play-offs finals etc.   Are the powers that be thinking along the same lines?

This implication of specific race nights was required years back,   when most top the riders riding here, they were all chanting the advantages  that would have been gained.  but as like everything else it fell on deaf ears.....    Now when most of these top riders have turned their backs on us the BSPA have the wisdom to  now include it.    But this wasn't done  to encourage some of those top riders back , it was arranged for the total benefit of the remaining riders getting 2 pay-packets...

I now question the need of fixed race nights,    I'm sure,  had we had one league, where 6man teams competed against each other , on a night that suited each team best , we would have  far firmer footing than we have at present.        As much as the thought of Niels returning to Lynn  thrills me , our sport at present cant afford these mega stars.    The sooner everybody realise it,  we will be able to change the structure to substantiate our existence.     Until then the sport will continually  being govern by certain clubs and their own  agendas.....     and look where that has got us.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It will limit the number of choices clubs have for a guest to cover an absentee due to injury or foreign commitments, Wednesday night clubs will only be able to use Monday night clubs riders and visa versa.

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It will limit the number of choices clubs have for a guest to cover an absentee due to injury or foreign commitments, Wednesday night clubs will only be able to use Monday night clubs riders and visa versa.

Won't the Monday night clubs be the opposition on Wednesdays?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midland Red said:

Won't the Monday night clubs be the opposition on Wednesdays?

Only if the teams are equally split between mon and wed as their main night, bearing in mind some of Swindon's home meetings will be on a thursday.  If there is an imbalance then there will be riders not riding that night. 

Mondays. Belle Vue, Wolves, Leicester?, Rye House?

Wednesday. Poole, Kings Lynn, Somerset, Swindon, (with a few Thursdays)

Not sure if Swindon will ride on a wed as there is dog racing most wednesday evenings starting at 6.30, also some fans go to more than one of Swindon, Somerset and Poole.  On mondays the dogs run at lunch time so i can see mon being our main night, with the odd thursday meeting when Lakeside are not racing.

Edited by A ORLOV

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Mondays. Belle Vue, Wolves, Leicester?, Rye House?

Wednesday. Poole, Kings Lynn, Somerset, Swindon, (with a few Thursdays)

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

Not sure if Swindon will ride on a wed as there is dog racing most wednesday evenings starting at 6.30, also some fans go to more than one of Swindon, Somerset and Poole.  On mondays the dogs run at lunch time so i can see mon and thurs being our main night.

HEARING that Premiership tracks will have Good Friday ... CL Easter Monday

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

HEARING that Premiership tracks will have Good Friday ... CL Easter Monday

So swap and share before the season has even started....

Yep. Poole v Somerset home and away Good Friday. Currently SGBP but could be KO Cup?!

I will put that in my diary! Guess Poole at 11 am with Somerset 7.30.

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I will put that in my diary! Guess Poole at 11 am with Somerset 7.30.

Let's hope so!

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

If the fixture list is compiled properly (after all these years of watching speedway it hasn't happened yet!) then not every team will be racing every Monday and every Wednesday, which will free up riders for guesting for other sides aswell as Chanpionship riders too.

Rye House is Wednesday I believe.

Swindon Mondays and Thursdays. Be interesting to see how many Thursdays they get away with.