British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
westlakejawa

Race Nights

40 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Since the bspa have authorised Swindon to ride on a thurs, following what appears to have been the usual screw up in originally agreeing Mon and Thurs as the Premier race nights and then changing to Mon and Wed, who knows what priorities there now are for thursday nights.

I agree it should not be too difficult to arrange the fixtures so that they do not clash with riders championship meetings, but as like 2017 if the bspa schedule has gaps of two or three weeks of no meetings, then we have some rain offs in the first part of the season there may be clashes in the later part of the season. 

Maybe the main thing is you get priority on your own assets, which is why Swindon ensured they had 5 in their side?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Maybe the main thing is you get priority on your own assets, which is why Swindon ensured they had 5 in their side?

I just hope that they manage to schedule the meetings with less gaps than last year, and that clubs are forced to run cancelled meetings or comps like the KOC by certain dates so that there is not the usual last min panic in September with multiple meetings in one week.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

You can add to that, that the opposition teams riding against those championship teams on the thurs so it could be more than six.  Each time Lakeside race against one of the above championship teams they could be three riders down if the premier has priority.    

Agreed but the teams that don't have a rider that is with a Thursday club would mainly be Thirsday matches at Swindon and ensure when they arrange that fixture it's on a night that doesn't conflict with Championship sides using the same riders. 

Apologies if I've missed something but is it the case that clubs will race on one given night at home (Swindon apart)? Or is the intention for teams to race on Mondays some weeks and on Wednesdays in others? I only ask because despite some speculation on here, I've not seen any club announce their official race night. 

Maybe I'm being selfish but I organise my social life around hobbies that take place on given evenings. Surely I'm not alone in this?

• Like 1

b/vue officially announced monday as our race night & friday night for the colts !! 

7 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Apologies if I've missed something but is it the case that clubs will race on one given night at home (Swindon apart)? Or is the intention for teams to race on Mondays some weeks and on Wednesdays in others? I only ask because despite some speculation on here, I've not seen any club announce their official race night. 

Maybe I'm being selfish but I organise my social life around hobbies that take place on given evenings. Surely I'm not alone in this?

No doubt some will pick one night only and others will pick both nights for home meetings.

I am waiting with interest for the fixtures lists to be published.

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

HEARING that Premiership tracks will have Good Friday ... CL Easter Monday

If the Premiership is going Monday & Wednesday then stick to it. Championship should still have Good Friday & Premiership Monday. Now, fans have got to watch out for double uppers missing. I bet Premiership racing will be May Day, Spring Bank & August Bank Holiday only.

Stop messing the fans about!

• Like 3

Good job some on here are not football supporters then you would have something to complain about being mucked about  over which days to hold matches 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

If the Premiership is going Monday & Wednesday then stick to it. Championship should still have Good Friday & Premiership Monday. Now, fans have got to watch out for double uppers missing. I bet Premiership racing will be May Day, Spring Bank & August Bank Holiday only.

Stop messing the fans about!

If they stuck to it, Championship wouldn't have Easter Monday would they. 

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

If they stuck to it, Championship wouldn't have Easter Monday would they. 

And premiership shouldn't have good Friday,  but as Poland often run Easter Monday it will be interesting to see what happens. 

No reason why some clubs carnt ride on Easter Tuesday like Wolves do normally against Belle Vue.As Sweden don' start season until May.

Lack of stadium availability on Tuesdays for clubs that share facilities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, future said:

And premiership shouldn't have good Friday,  but as Poland often run Easter Monday it will be interesting to see what happens. 

Yes, but the post I was replying too was saying they should stick to the nights and Championship should have the Monday.

Clearly they've discussed and decided it's beneficial for Premiership to have the Friday and Championship the Monday.

It's one Friday, and a response to the Poles taking Easter Monday. Of course it makes sense to use it as an alternative. Surely even the speedway market won't be confused by one week's variation from the regular schedule?  Why race on Tuesday night when you can race on a holiday? 

Edited by RobMcCaffery