British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
westlakejawa

Race Nights

17 minutes ago, RobMcCaffery said:

It's one Friday, and a response to the Poles taking Easter Monday. Of course it makes sense to use it as an alternative. Surely even the speedway market won't be confused by one week's variation from the regular schedule?  Why race on Tuesday night when you can race on a holiday? 

On what basis should clubs whose normal race night is a Friday, (which several Championship clubs do) be moved to another day bearing in mind that crowd levels and therefore income are invariably higher on Good Friday than any other day in the Calendar ?

On 15/01/2018 at 11:00 AM, INCOGNITO said:

If a track has to go to Swindon on a Thursday and they have riders that also have a Championship meeting that night, surely the Premiership clubs have to get priority otherwise this is a big advantage for Swindon facing depleted teams

As a Swindon fan this is the last thing I want. Ive been losing a little bit of interest each year for a while and depleted teams and RR is the main reason for that. Last year was tedious watching the same riders guest for a different team 3 or 4 times. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

It's one Friday, and a response to the Poles taking Easter Monday..........

I thought Easter Monday this year was on the 2nd April, and the Polish League season starts on the 6th April.  

Belle Vue's race night will be Monday?

Will they also be at home on some Wednesday's?

Surely all teams will have to ride on both nights, not just one?

• Like 2

The fixed night's of Monday's and Wednesday's will be a complete disaster. For years Belle Vue have tried to get away from racing on a Monday night which is the worst day of the week for getting people out. then they are back there again. With live  TV on a Monday night this will effect attendances at the other Monday meetings on that night, resulting in even less people at the tracks. Much better to have the old system of racing on different nights which has been in operation since the beginning of Speedway in the 1930's. I will be very surprised if this new system lasts for even one season

• Like 5

Can't see Leicester racing on a Monday night being too successful either.  :neutral:

1 hour ago, mickthemuppet said:

The fixed night's of Monday's and Wednesday's will be a complete disaster. For years Belle Vue have tried to get away from racing on a Monday night which is the worst day of the week for getting people out. then they are back there again. With live  TV on a Monday night this will effect attendances at the other Monday meetings on that night, resulting in even less people at the tracks. Much better to have the old system of racing on different nights which has been in operation since the beginning of Speedway in the 1930's. I will be very surprised if this new system lasts for even one season

Have said before that if the weather is a bit iffy or the visiting team not too good, some fans will stay at home and watch a meeting, especially if it is one or two of the top teams, so any team riding on a monday, if that is the tv night, might suffer. 

2 hours ago, Gemini said:

Can't see Leicester racing on a Monday night being too successful either.  :neutral:

Maybe all the disgruntled fans will go to Beaumont Park on Sundays instead and watch the "Bees"?

Alright, I'll get my coat :(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mickthemuppet said:

At last!!!!  Someone agrees with me that live tv affects attendances at meetings

If there HAS to be a tv meeting on a Monday night, it should be the only meeting that night, and admission should be drastically reduced

40 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

If there HAS to be a tv meeting on a Monday night, it should be the only meeting that night, and admission should be drastically reduced

Are there enough weeks in the season to do that?

On 18/01/2018 at 8:16 PM, Mr Snackette said:

I thought Easter Monday this year was on the 2nd April, and the Polish League season starts on the 6th April.  

Apologies, this is one year when with an early Easter the Poles won't be hijacking that Monday. I wonder if the BSPA made the same mistake? 

The Polish racing calendar has now been issued and while there's no league racing on Easter Monday they are intending to stage an international test match that day. There's no mention yet of who the opposition will be. I expect the BSPA were aware of this when they avoided scheduling SGBP matches that day after all. 

First clash, rich Lawson,  good Friday, Somerset or lakeside two meetings. :angry:

Wolves v Belle Vue doing two meeting in the same day twice. 

Got out to love Bank Holiday Mondays