British Speedway Forum
Badge

Tai Woffy filming on tv Dec 18th Clare Balding show

5 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

What it has proved is that fixed race nights have meant nothing to the 'big boys' - Its all about the money....

Why would they even consider riding in a league that is doing its damnest to get rid of them anyway?

Zagar had already said he was looking to ride here next year and they came up with a couple of rules that effectively put a stop to it.

Edited by Grachan
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Why would they even consider riding in a league that is doing its damnest to get rid of them anyway?

Zagar had already said he was looking to ride here next year and they came up with a couple of rules that effectively put a stop to it.

It seems the bspa alter the rules and screw up speedway most years.

I  am just waiting to see how many riders ride to get their average down at the end of the season because if they do well they limit their options or cannot get a team place the following year. 

17 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

It seems the bspa alter the rules and screw up speedway most years.

I  am just waiting to see how many riders ride to get their average down at the end of the season because if they do well they limit their options or cannot get a team place the following year. 

It will be interesting to see what Jason Doyle averages next year following the tweet this year that he seems to have ridden himself out of a job.

• Like 1

I very much doubt it matters what the riders do next this year...as I'm pretty positive the rules will be changed yet again for the season after.   

Just managed to watch this, thought Tai came across really well, was an entertaining show.

Have said before but if i owned a big company and he came knocking he wouldnt get over the front door he looks awful with those tattoos ,would u want an image like that representing your company .

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Have said before but if i owned a big company and he came knocking he wouldnt get over the front door he looks awful with those tattoos ,would u want an image like that representing your company .

Depends on the market which the company is trying to appeal to, obviously.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Yeah you're right. No company would ever touch anyone with tattoos. I feel for someone like David Beckham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Depends on your market surely.  

If your company produced or sold incontinence pants or mobility scooters then probably not....but if it's something young and trendy then yes I would.   

That look is very much a part of today's society.

5 hours ago, geoff100 said:

And this is whats wrong with Speedway... catering to old fuddy duddies who dont get what the modern world wants/likes 

• Like 2

I've never understood speedway trying to promote itself as a family sport. All nicey nicey. Just a thought but the Polish fans don't seem that way. Does Polish speedway promote itself as a family sport anyone know

• Like 2

Just watched it thought tai was professional and came across very well it s good to see a speedway rider on a sports chat show 

All I kept thinking was how small he looked sitting between Lampard and the hot bird. He looked like a little pixie!

He was the most interesting out of the three though-although it could have something to do with the fact that I hate football and also the scouse accent.

Edited by Terry