British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tomcat

R.I.P Nigel 'NODDY' Fordham

Noddy always said he started watching speedway when John Berry and Joe Thurley reopened Ipswich in 1969 which is now 48 years ago, so I'd say he was in his 60's?

I well remember him from the 1970's and he must have been in his 20's then?

A unique character!

Edited by 25yearfan

I didn't know him but reading all these stories he sounds like a special person.

RIP

• Like 1

Never knew him, but defo heard of him, think he once had tiger stripes put in his hair once (and / or a tattoo) to commemorate something John Louis did; qualify for 1975 World Final ?  Either way he was a speedway superfan.

RIP....

3 hours ago, Haza said:

I’d be surprised if he was any older than 60 - RIP Noddy a true speedway fan 

Yeah, I believe he was around the 60 mark.

I wouldn't say I knew him "well", but we always used to stop and have a chinwag, and as has been said, you never knew where you were going to run into him.

R.I.P mate...

Steve

I remember in 1990 he hitchhiked all the way to Lvov when Chris Louis won the world under 21 trophy.

3rd that day was a certain Tony Rickardsson ....whatever happened to him!

Saw Noddy at Ipswich at the cup final.....truly a superfan

I have known Noddy ever since 1969 when Ipswich re-opened on The Heath. Indeed he was an amazing character, often drove riders and promoters mad, but he was so engaging and enthusiastic that in fact he was so much part of the sport.

I was in the party to Ukraine in 1990 and Neil MacFarlane would always relate an hilarious tale about Noddy.

I will miss his smile, his regular requests for lifts, and indeed if I ever wanted the inside story of a team or rider, Noddy always knew. We have lost some great names from Ipswich..JB John Earrey, Joe Thurley, Billy, etc..etc....Noddy old son, you were so much part of the Foxhall set up.....RIP old son  

• Like 3

Just to let you all know, this was tweeted by IpswichWitches

More

Nigel 'Noddy' Fordham's funeral will be on 11th January at Seven Hills Crematorium, 3pm. Donations will be to the ISSC.

0 replies1 retweet6 likes

Retweeted

Direct message

18 hours ago, Badge said:

Just to let you all know, this was tweeted by IpswichWitches

More

Nigel 'Noddy' Fordham's funeral will be on 11th January at Seven Hills Crematorium, 3pm. Donations will be to the ISSC.

0 replies1 retweet6 likes

Retweeted

Direct message

Many thanks...have passed this onto my friends at Mildenhall