British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iand

Plymouth 2018

Must be difficult to sign riders here its a long way from any where else,and the traffic getting there especially on a friday is horrendous....Good luck with what they have managed to sign at this speedway out post..

• Like 2

13 hours ago, waco said:

Must be difficult to sign riders here its a long way from any where else,and the traffic getting there especially on a friday is horrendous....Good luck with what they have managed to sign at this speedway out post..

Waco do you know where Macauley Leek is based? Strange decision for him to come to Plymouth. Will be the rookie number 7, how do you think he will get on in that role?

1 hour ago, iand said:

Waco do you know where Macauley Leek is based? Strange decision for him to come to Plymouth. Will be the rookie number 7, how do you think he will get on in that role?

Terribly 

On 22/12/2017 at 4:10 PM, Islander15 said:

This is what I thought but got shot down as Plymouth fans are happy with it. 

Btw Wilson & Walker fits. 

Interestingly my view on the Plymouth forum was similar and I got shot down by pretty much everyone on there for suggesting the team was pretty disappointing. 

As a Devils fan it's great that speedway continues in the City and ensuring that going forward is paramount so building to a budget is simply a must. If you look at that side I can only see Bradley and Henry improving their averages. Adam will win races everywhere but outside that I think Plymouth look vulnerable. Away from home we'll get some tonkings.

Looking at the teams being put together so far I can see it being two leagues in one; IOW, Plymouth, Buxton and Stoke look like being the bottom four with the rest looking much stronger (on paper). This is of course before Belle Vue and Coventry show their hands but I'd expect both to be competitive. 

As ever, time will tell.

• Like 1

To be honest, I am not happy looking at that line up.

I only see improvement from Henry Atkins. To win in speedway, you need at least half of the team to put points on their starting averages. I cant see where thats coming from, sorry. Bottom end of the table for sure.

That said, the team needed to be built within a strict budget.So for that, I am simply pleased that the sport continues here in Devon.

I dont see all them teams being bottom 4, Stoke's team so far except for Alcock being an unknown is looking pretty good. Then wouldn't put IOW down their either as have strong heat leader duo and will get points from elsewere.

• Like 1

Leek is not a natural but can gate on occasion....his standard at the moment is such that he ,would probably ride for any team offering a place..I hope he can improve this season,But I personally doubt his ability to go. Far...We will  see?

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

I see Adam has signed for Cradley too? how is that allowed ? I know its probably because Cradley are only competing in the 'cup', but it' seems a bit 'circus' again by the BSPA

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I see Adam has signed for Cradley too? how is that allowed ? I know its probably because Cradley are only competing in the 'cup', but it' seems a bit 'circus' again by the BSPA

Cradley take riders from the Southern section. It’s nothing new. 

29 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

The same as Swindon Sprockets did last year

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

And if Plymouth and Cradley meet in the later stages? I understand being able to sign riders who are at Mildenhall because they are not riding in the NT, but the North/South thing doesn't work!

Guest GiveusaB

And if Freddie Lingdren is unattached....??? LOL

19 minutes ago, SCB said:

And if Plymouth and Cradley meet in the later stages? I understand being able to sign riders who are at Mildenhall because they are not riding in the NT, but the North/South thing doesn't work!

That’s what I thought too! They’re hoping it doesn’t happen like with Swindon last year. 

SCB statement. James Cockle banned for 28 day’s for social media infringements.

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

SCB statement. James Cockle banned for 28 day’s for social media infringements.

Could well ban SpeedwayGB for similar offences - showing crap races on video

As far as Cockle is concerned - I haven't seen it - but it could have infringed:

Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights

Edited by Richard Weston
addition