British Speedway Forum
Sidney the robin

Who is the Greatest ?

39 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

On the other hand, Sidney, the public got robbed by someone streaking away into the lead and potentially the wrong rider winning and also being deprived of a better race.  The run off between Ivan M and Jerzy S being one that immediately springs to mind.

Totally right i don't disagree Ove not one bit, even Ivan rolled the tapes and he is the best gater i ever saw along with Kilby.Today Ove the rule is a joke a rider guesses right gets pulled back he hits the tapes gets excluded not right for him or the public..Some refs are not letting the tapes go delays galore clutche's  ready to burn, i,think  if you don't break them and get the tapes up  take a risk over a season thing's even there self out.

Edited by Sidney the robin

21 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Totally right i don't disagree Ove not one bit, even Ivan rolled the tapes and he is the best gater i ever saw along with Kilby.Today Ove the rule is a joke a rider guesses right gets pulled back he hits the tapes gets excluded not right for him or the public..Some refs are not letting the tapes go delays galore clutche's  ready to burn, i,think  if you don't break them and get the tapes up  take a risk over a season thing's even there self out.

Re refs holding the tapes longer to try and catch riders...... agreed that went on in some GPs last year.  Easy way round that is let a computer determine when the tapes go up - take the human factor out of it.

52 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Re refs holding the tapes longer to try and catch riders...... agreed that went on in some GPs last year.  Easy way round that is let a computer determine when the tapes go up - take the human factor out of it.

Great idea it won't happen though Ove, last year going to some meetings for a 7.30 start getting home at some meetings 9.50 or even 10.15 long drawn out affairs forever restarts.

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:54 AM, Sidney the robin said:

Was Mauger lucky in the 1972  World Final.? but unlucky in the 1973 year ? a hard one really still hard to believe he let that Final slip away.I felt 1979 was a year he was quite fortunate to win it looking back Lee could of won the final that year.1972 was a terrible year for Briggs that crash finished his career really as a real championship contender even though he still rode at a high level.I still  believe he could of won  that Final that moment was probably my worst moment in speedway did Briggo ever make up with Bernie.? who knows.

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, OveFundinFan said:

On the other hand, Sidney, the public got robbed by someone streaking away into the lead and potentially the wrong rider winning and also being deprived of a better race.  The run off between Ivan M and Jerzy S being one that immediately springs to mind.

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:19 PM, OveFundinFan said:

As someone asked -re 1972 WF did Bernie Persson and Briggo ever become friends-despite Briggo's fall - I reckon Mauger sould still have won the 72 Final

8 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

As someone asked -re 1972 WF did Bernie Persson and Briggo ever become friends-despite Briggo's fall - I reckon Mauger sould still have won the 72 Final

All hyphophetical now Bobbath but Olsen looked the best rider on the night but his fall in his first race cost him..Briggs if he had won his second ride might????  have gone on to win it on 14 Pts beaten by Olsen.All ii would of been certain. of was Ivan would not of beaten Briggs//Olsen so easily in a run-off.

These sort of discussions are what makes this forum so interesting to post to-many good points you make there Sidney

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

These sort of discussions are what makes this forum so interesting to post to-many good points you make there Sidney

4 hours ago, BOBBATH said:

The best thread on the forum BOBBATH  Years gone by no  back biting great banter plus you can learn something which is great .I know i am a oldie but I still miss the OLD Wembley  for speedway and football the Atmosphere something else great days.!!!

• Like 2