British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marko

This weeks Speedway Star dec 23rd

Credit where it's due, mine dated 30 December 2017 arrived at 11am today (28th),  plenty in WH Smiths & ASDA too.  Post is still catching up in this area after the entire country shut down over 2 days for some reason (!), I'm still owed stuff ordered mid-December.......

Finally got last weeks SS, only a week and one day late and at the same time got this weeks SS, just a day late, makes me wonder how long last weeks has been sitting in the sorting office?

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

In this weeks yearly winners and losers bit I’m a loser , been called worse :D seems I’m more known for my twitter than anything I did on a bike 

Looks like you have narked someone with your critical and often pointed comments. My advice is to wear it as a badge of honour - I believe it was Mahatma Gandhi who said 'First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win'. Not sure you'll get the last two but it looks to me like you have hit the others.

I have a lot of time for Phil Rising and his contributions on here but shame on Speedy Star for putting you in that category simply because you complained about a restricted view at a GP and this seems to be nothing more than a cheap shot at the behest of those who don't like your outspoken opinions.  I doubt if there is a speedway fan who couldn't think of half a dozen more deserving nominations.

We don't always agree but I have nothing but respect for your views.

• Like 1

FOR those who have not seen the relevant piece in SS this week, Peter Oakes pointed out that Dean was unlucky to be sold a duff ticket with restricted view for the SGP at Torun in October. His initial complaints fell on stoney ground but, as Dean has subsequently admitted, he has now been offered free admission and pit passes fort the 2018 event. A loser and a winner ...

2 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

FOR those who have not seen the relevant piece in SS this week, Peter Oakes pointed out that Dean was unlucky to be sold a duff ticket with restricted view for the SGP at Torun in October. His initial complaints fell on stoney ground but, as Dean has subsequently admitted, he has now been offered free admission and pit passes fort the 2018 event. A loser and a winner ...

So deserving of a place in the 'losers' category is an ex-rider who got sold a 'duff ticket' :D

Is that really the best you can come up with given all that happened last season?

What next, someone who ate a dodgy burger and got a dose of the runs ? 

• Like 2

Bloody hell the winners and losers in the star is all light hearted, why do some appear to take it so seriously? Hence some appearing in both categories.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, marko said:

Finally got last weeks SS, only a week and one day late and at the same time got this weeks SS, just a day late, makes me wonder how long last weeks has been sitting in the sorting office?

A long time ,I phoned SS on wed got last weeks copy resent, got it on Thursday,then later in the day got the original last weeks copy .Proof its Royal Mail who cause all the problems regarding delivery IMO .Great service from Pinegen when contacted.

• Like 1

Had mine on time recently which is unusual, this week's was delivered along with 2 Christmas cards which had been sent 10 days before!

Can't rely on Royal Mail at all tbh, I often have someone's post from another road through the door and know it's happened the other way around as well.  Another magazine I subscribe to I once had to have resent twice and none of them ever arrived

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

So deserving of a place in the 'losers' category is an ex-rider who got sold a 'duff ticket' :D

Is that really the best you can come up with given all that happened last season?

What next, someone who ate a dodgy burger and got a dose of the runs ? 

Next year, we'll hear of the "losers" who got their Speedway Star late over Christmas!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

I don’t have a problem with it being used although I not sure it’s worthy of a mention in the star piece , my point was the odd way it was worded like I had no background in speedway at all just some angry bloke on twitter , of which i don’t really use twitter that much , it felt a bit like someone trying to make a point , while we are on the subject of twitter Phillip do you know who runs the speedway GB twitter account ?