British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marko

This weeks Speedway Star dec 23rd

2 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I don’t have a problem with it being used although I not sure it’s worthy of a mention in the star piece , my point was the odd way it was worded like I had no background in speedway at all just some angry bloke on twitter , of which i don’t really use twitter that much , it felt a bit like someone trying to make a point , while we are on the subject of twitter Phillip do you know who runs the speedway GB twitter account ?

Yes, it was oddly written.

But then Peter Oakes has had a few odd moments this year .

I noticed he has even had to bring up the Italian weirdo again, when raking over those particular coals once more seems very ill judged. But his fixation is seemingly very strong.

Personally, I would have thought that particular episode's coverage in the The Star would have gone down in the LOSER section itself, alongside the Peter Collins cock-up interview. Which were surely low points of the year to rival at least some of those that were chosen..

Edited by Grand Central

8 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Bloody hell the winners and losers in the star is all light hearted, why do some appear to take it so seriously? Hence some appearing in both categories.

I know for a fact that Isle of Wight do not regard their entry as 'winners' as light hearted (and rightly so, if there were winners last season they are surely one of them)..

To be fair, it does say in Speedy Star that some of the mentions are firmly :P  but, to me, you can't mix serious comment with something that is anything but.

Frequently, people have trouble determining which is which.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Theres no doubt there were others who would also class themselves winners who were not included, its one persons opinion, its meant to be tongue in cheek so why anyone would get upset is beyond me, I take your point regarding the Isle of Wight though as they have done a fantastic job down there and full credit to them. Happy New Year.

nothing to do with s/star but try this one . a card delivered to my mother at 39 wood street in wales was addressed to 39 wood street , adelaide , south australia . it had an airmail sticker and been franked . brought it down with me to give to our postman , which i did and the next day it was back up at my mothers.

My family's 'record' for stuff sent by air mail to relatives in Florida, USA is 4 days.

A friend of ours entered a compettion via a stamped envelope: comp address with 1st class stamp on the front, answer and her address on the back. 

It was posted through her front door the next day....

Anyone having issues getting there copy today? My reserved copy at Swindon newsagent didn’t show today 

Only ever now 2 copies in the place where I buy SS. Have to race there on a Thursday morning to get a copy.

7 minutes ago, bruno said:

I'd imagine their a day behind because of New Years Day

Shouldn’t be it was on time last week after 2 BH’s have now heard weather issues 

1 hour ago, bruno said:

I'd imagine their a day behind because of New Years Day

THE SS staff work New Year's day ... this week's was as per usual schedule. 

2 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Only ever now 2 copies in the place where I buy SS. Have to race there on a Thursday morning to get a copy.

WHERE is that please?

Suppose it depends where you are in the country , my missus went into WH Smiths in Paisley this morning and they had 5 copies on the shelf , well 4 after she left . 

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THE SS staff work New Year's day ... this week's was as per usual schedule

And as usual, it hit our doorway this morning. Many thanks.

26 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

And as usual, it hit our doorway this morning. Many thanks.

As did mine which is and has been since I complained nearly 100% reliably on a Thursday.

A few years ago after my subscription copy kept getting later and later I had a word with our local postman who I knew fairly well and he told me the problem isn’t the local post office but the regional sorting office (their priorities) he advised me to write or email the local manager which I did and for the last 5 years my copy has nearly 100% arrived on the Thursday like it did over Christmas and New Year.

• Like 1