British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
marko

This weeks Speedway Star dec 23rd

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Haha , this is a traditional BSF Christmas thread 

Yes... like that Santa Watch website.

On 23/12/2017 at 4:38 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

NEXT week's will go out by first class post on Wednesday morning. Office open that day. If anyone hasn't got this week's call 020-83351113

Thanks for the offer. Magazine arrived this afternoon, albeit slightly soggy. 

29 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Thanks for the offer. Magazine arrived this afternoon, albeit slightly soggy. 

Like many of us at Xmas... give it a few days to dry out.  

Wednesday the 27th and I still don't have last week copy yet, will give another day, Royal Mail where I am are so utter rubbishe

Finding that the Speedway Star is disappearing from newsagents. One place where I was guaranteed to get one now only has two each week due to "lack of demand". Seems to have disappeared totally from a Tesco I use and even Smith's in a speedway town.

Says it all, really, about where our sport is.

At this rate, casual sales will disappear within a short while and the Star will be subscription only.

My local Asda has stopped selling speedway star when I queried why the shop assistant said she didn’t know why because it was a popular magazine,have to travel about 10 miles now to get my weekly fix simply idiotic.

In this weeks yearly winners and losers bit I’m a loser , been called worse :D seems I’m more known for my twitter than anything I did on a bike 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

54 minutes ago, Bearsbottom said:

My local Asda has stopped selling speedway star when I queried why the shop assistant said she didn’t know why because it was a popular magazine,have to travel about 10 miles now to get my weekly fix simply idiotic.

CAN you please let me know which Asda

Phil do you know when part 2 of the 80's world finals book will be on sale. 

4 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHICH town please...

Eastbourne Tesco, British Bookshop (owned by Smith’s in Uckfield, Smiths in King’s lynn and Smiths at Birchanget Services on M 11

2 hours ago, Bearsbottom said:

I gave up chasing supermarkets and newsagent ordering years ago. Postal subscription delivered every Thursday and much cheaper - it’s a no brainer for a weekly reader. 

I still have not got last weeks, yet alone this week’s copy, not SS fault, Royal Mail is shocking, had no post since middle of last week.