British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Robert Lambert

6 minutes ago, SCB said:

He’s 19. I don’t think some people appreciate how good he is for a 19 year old. He lad is a bit special, he has his flaws but he’s at least trying to better himself riding in Poland and Sweden. It’s weird when Craig Cook kept hanging around in the PL/Championship we critisised him for a lack of ambition.

It seems to be a problem in this country in general.British sportsmen always seem to get bad press,criticised for trying to be the best they can.People will always try to find the negatives rather than the positives in those sportsmen.

Lambert is doing a decent job for his age,but as usual instead of praising the teenager many people would rather look at the negative side.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SCB said:

He’s 19. I don’t think some people appreciate how good he is for a 19 year old. He lad is a bit special, he has his flaws but he’s at least trying to better himself riding in Poland and Sweden. It’s weird when Craig Cook kept hanging around in the PL/Championship we critisised him for a lack of ambition.

There have always been talented 19/20 year olds down the years, many of them travelled halfway round the world on their own to be here. Some went on to become World Champions some never quite fulfilled their early promise. As far as I can recall I don’t think a single one of them had their mother causing trouble wherever they went.

The jury is still out on Lambert. maybe he will go on to be genuine world class, maybe he will merely be very good but the sooner he detaches himself from that dreadful woman’s apron strings the better. 

• Like 1

I think that Robert is capable of becoming truly world class but he now needs a totally different mind set and a fully professional back up crew. I want to see him continue to ride at KL but feel that he would do better away from there as a home track and perhaps away from the UK. If he is now living in Germany and fully independent he has  much better chance of taking the next big step up over the next 2 - 3 seasons. It is ( or needs to be ) in his hands now.

my opinion of rob lambert is he has the most natural talant weve seen for very long time

the thing i see that will hold him back or stop him making it to world champion is

1 i dont think hes dedicated enough to go the extra inch just reliying on his natural talant

and 2 there could be outside influence that interfiers like the rumours a couple of years ago when he was missing meetings (peterborough maybe )