British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Robert Lambert

Looking at Robert Lamberts Facebook posts, it doesn't look like he'll be racing in the UK in 2018.

If this is the case, who gets the blame? And will the fans turn on him like many turned on Tai?

27 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Looking at Robert Lamberts Facebook posts, it doesn't look like he'll be racing in the UK in 2018.

If this is the case, who gets the blame? And will the fans turn on him like many turned on Tai?

He will be ok i think.Pretty sure he will be proud to where the countries race jacket.

Very decent rider with the potential to go far, but needs to lose the attitude IMO if he isn't to become an also ran who will make himself a decent career without realizing its full potential.

• Like 3

I'll be staggered if he isn't in Lynn's side.

I think fan interaction is a positive thing but I think sometimes he could be more professional in what he writes. 

• Like 4

This is days old really,but not settled one way or the other.

In a way and it has been said before,the main thing is a riders development and he has to make the decisions he thinks are best.I am not sure there is another sprt where fans turn on someone for choosing to go to a foreign team.Football players have done it for decades.European ice hockey or basketball players jump at the chance to get a contract in the US.Of course speedway is unique in that riders can choose to ride in numerous leagues,but we were always happy when we had the best league and had the advantage of seeing most of the worlds best riders.You have to see the other side now things have changed.

Of course it is a bitter pill to swallow if Robert ends up riding for some team in the Bundesliga,but not for a British team.Fact is British or German teams and even lowly Polish teams are being used as a springboard to one of the top Polish or Swedish teams and on into the hoped for GP series etc.It is a fact of life and if any of us was in the same position we'd probably make the same choice

• Like 2

What will be his license situation? Will he ride under an ACU license or will he get a German / Polish license? 

Will he be eligible for the OneSport events (Pairs, SEC etc) and will he be cold-shouldered by the BSPA / SCB when it comes to the SWC?

1 minute ago, uk_martin said:

What will be his license situation? Will he ride under an ACU license or will he get a German / Polish license? 

Will he be eligible for the OneSport events (Pairs, SEC etc) and will he be cold-shouldered by the BSPA / SCB when it comes to the SWC?

GB has 2 places in the SEC qualifiers for 2018 anyway.

Would expect Lambert to want/get one of those

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Thinks he is better than he is.

This seems to be a convenient bandwagon for people to jump on but as somebody who attends Lynn meetings reasonably regularly I've never seen any evidence of this on a race night, i.e. no strutting around the pits or big ego etc.

People will probably point out his mother or the argument he had with a fan during the Poole meeting both of which don't do him much good but I think people go over the top with their criticism and it's almost like people would rather give him a kicking than give him the benefit of the doubt because he is British and has talent.

As a teenage sportsman he's not going to get everything right and learns as he goes along but he's not half as bad as people like to make out. You want him to have self belief but there is a fine line between that an arrogance. Generally speaking I think he stays on the right side of that.

• Like 6

I will give him benefit of doubt, as I don't see him regular and am not commenting on his attitude ,no doubt he has talent but can be a bit hit or miss depending on his gating .He is riding under control though and is stylish.Seems to do things his way regarding what meetings he wants to be at,that could come back to bite him IMO .

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Thinks he is better than he is.

He’s 19. I don’t think some people appreciate how good he is for a 19 year old. He lad is a bit special, he has his flaws but he’s at least trying to better himself riding in Poland and Sweden. It’s weird when Craig Cook kept hanging around in the PL/Championship we critisised him for a lack of ambition.