British Speedway Forum

On 8/31/2018 at 8:02 PM, racers and royals said:

Final score Region Varde 43 Holstebro 41

which means that the final will be held in Outrup(region Varde) and they are joined by Fjelsted- Wednesday September 19th is the date

Slangerup host the semi-final and meet Holsted, Grinsted and Holstebro on Wednesday September 12th with the top 2 into the final.

Over the last few years the Danish league for the semi`s and final have had a rather convoluted match points system, with points brought forward from the regular season finishing position. i have just found this on the league website under the rules and is google translated 

"All teams in the semifinal and the finale are completely equal, and neither team has match points or any other points with over from the base series and / or from the semifinal."

so in 2018 it`s a straight fight in the semi and the final.

Edited by racers and royals

Danish system is so weird. Why can't they add 6th rider and have a proper 15 heats matches?

And then finish with proper Play Offs with 2 legged semis and the final?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

so in 2018 it`s a straight fight in the semi and the final.

I am certain that was the case last year also when Fjelsted were victorious.

28 minutes ago, Rico said:

I am certain that was the case last year also when Fjelsted were victorious.

You are correct- i have just trawled  my way through the 2017 thread and it was me that posted it was a straight contest in the semi :D I wasn`t sure about the final but it was confirmed that like the semi it was a straight fight on the night.

Line-ups for today`s(Wednesday) semi-final- live updates available here https://metalspeedwayleague.dk/forside.aspx  from 6pm UK time

SLANGERUP SK:
1 Mikkel Michelsen
2 Kenneth Kruse Hansen
3 Andreas Lyager
4 Jonas Seifert-Salk
5 Linus Eklöf
6 Marius Nielsen
Holdleder: Kenni Trasborg
HOLSTED TIGERS:
1 Nicki Pedersen
2 Rasmus Jensen
3 Nicolai Klindt
4 Jonas Jeppesen
5 Sam Jensen
6 Sebastian Mortensen
Holdleder: Tom Knudsen
GSK LIGA:
1 Robert Lambert
2 Patrick Hougaard
3 Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen
4 Claus Vissing
5 Kasper Andersen
Holdleder: Claus Bjerregaard
HOLSTEBRO ELITE:
1 Kenneth Bjerre
2 Jonas B. Andersen
3 Bjarne Pedersen
4 Emil Grøndal
5 Kasper Lykke
6 Emil Pørtner
Holdleder: Claus Ørts

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Losthammer said:

R&R, do you know whether there will be a link to watch it online?

Sadly i fear not- i have tried all the normal suspects and others and really struggle to find small rivers(Phil doesn`t want me to use the other word) for Danish TV sport. Even the chap who used to put them up on you tube afterwards  (Lasse Schimdt) has disappeared. I will have another look later and post if successful.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 3:54 PM, Ghostwalker said:

Danish junior Martin Steen Hansen crashed heavily during practice at Grindstead. He was taken to hospital in Odense
where he is being kept in an artificial coma. His injuries are smaller bleedings in his brain and four fractures in his back.

https://www.bt.dk/oevrig-sport/juniorspeedwaykoereren-martin-steen-hansen-lagt-i-kunstig-koma

Any update on this young man's condition?. Wishing him all the best for a full recovery

35 minutes ago, teijahn said:

Any update on this young man's condition?. Wishing him all the best for a full recovery

This is a google translation of an article a few days ago from Martin`s parents

"Yet another day at OUH, but with lots of good energy and positivity. Martine's good physique has benefited him and he is now out of respirator and is later moved from NIA to the backbone - still here at OUH for the time being. talking to him, and his waking periods get longer and longer. There is still a steep hill that Martin has to go up, but no doubt he will have to do it.

OUH is Odense university hospital

• Thanks 1