British Speedway Forum
Gunner85

Belle Vue Colts 2018

46 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

Why would you sign three 3 pointers when that team comes to 1.74 under the limit?

All local 

21 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

All local 

Fair enough, but at least surely it would be a better option to keep L Woodhull who did well for you last season rather than sign K Dicken who was well off the pace.

14 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

Fair enough, but at least surely it would be a better option to keep L Woodhull who did well for you last season rather than sign K Dicken who was well off the pace.

Not going to right kean off just yet. 

Im sure if it was possible luke would have been in that slot. Buying was out of our hands. Unless things have changed of course 

That's a weaker team than anticipated  but think I'd have Andy Mellish in it.  Not really concerned to win the league as long as the racing is as good as it's been these past two years and that we see the riders progress.  Think Kyle will be a big scorer this year.

4 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Not going to right kean off just yet. 

Im sure if it was possible luke would have been in that slot. Buying was out of our hands. Unless things have changed of course 

What’s the deal with Luke?

48 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

What’s the deal with Luke?

Concentrating on his cars apparently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldace said:

That's a weaker team than anticipated  but think I'd have Andy Mellish in it.  Not really concerned to win the league as long as the racing is as good as it's been these past two years and that we see the riders progress.  Think Kyle will be a big scorer this year.

Andy had a pretty bad injury. Worse than most know. Think that had a say in it 

Having seen Kean Dicken several times at Birmingham last season there’s no way he his ready for the NL, after unfortunately breaking his leg at P&P day he was miles off the pace lost all his confidence, I think he is one of these Riders that isn’t really interested but is pushed my his Father  

11 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Concentrating on his cars apparently. 

That’s unfortunate. I thought Ben would be the most likely to make that choice tbh. 

Fans of the Colts are lucky in one respect.  The super track at Belle Vue, rather like Sheffield, is so fast compared with most other

tracks that every home rider, even those with modest ability, soon achieve enough home advantage to see off the opposition. Although,

from comments made quite often, visiting riders love the place, the sheer speed catches them out. So a mediocre Colts team at the start of

the season will soon be winning, at least on their own track.    My own track, Lakeside has similar results but for quite the opposite reason.

On 1/19/2018 at 8:08 PM, Phil The Ace said:

Andy had a pretty bad injury. Worse than most know. Think that had a say in it 

Didn't realise Andy's injury was that bad? Any news on his recovery?

On 1/20/2018 at 7:54 AM, Islander15 said:

That’s unfortunate. I thought Ben would be the most likely to make that choice tbh. 

You thought right. Ben Woodhull & Bickley included. Neither surprise signings with Bickley nailed on. Hope the Woodhull's can keep up with so many hobbies on the go.

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Didn't realise Andy's injury was that bad? Any news on his recovery?

You thought right. Ben Woodhull & Bickley included. Neither surprise signings with Bickley nailed on. Hope the Woodhull's can keep up with so many hobbies on the go.

He's still recovering but it's going well.  He' getting married this year so think he wants to concentrate on that also

• Thanks 1