British Speedway Forum
Gunner85

Belle Vue Colts 2018

Kyle is very level headed and ambitious.

His CMA for last year was just over 8 which is very good for his first year and even more impressive as he did this when he was 15 !!!

So on average he came 2nd in every race,......

I am sure Ben will develop well during 2018 at the NSS

It was great last year watching the young riders develop ...long may it continue

Plus he was riding at 2 so he was programmed to share a lot of rides with the best rider in the National League last year. Looks so natural on the bike for such a young lad and riding at Workington will only help him. He'll be absolutely smashing it for the Colts this year.

Considering Kyle looked clearly like the one who may have been the best last season. He disappointed slightly on expectation in the end with Brennan and Jenkins proving far more impressive in the end.

3 hours ago, ouch said:

Kyle finished on 6.67. 

Still very impressive. 

The 6.67 is the average regards team building for this season and can be seen on the green sheet averages on the BSPA site

The CMA includes bonus points and gives a far better indication of how well he rode.

Basically it gives his score out of 12 including bonus points .

3 minutes ago, Moleman27 said:

Considering Kyle looked clearly like the one who may have been the best last season. He disappointed slightly on expectation in the end with Brennan and Jenkins proving far more impressive in the end.

From what I saw, especially towards the end of the season, Bickley was the best of that trio, with Brennan a little way behind, and Jenkins slightly disappointing.

Actually I would say Tom was ahead at the the end of the season. And is a much more natural racer than Kyle from my opinion but obvious would be biased as watched tom all season.

Bur yes Jordan was disappointing anywere but at Mildenhall.

Not a lover of Bonus Points other than for teamwork and payment.   All 3 had a substantial advantage at home and nothing much between them over the season.  This year it looks as though they will all be at No 3 so a good guide to their respective abilities but it will be tougher for all 3 to actually win races.

Just pleased that we have these youngsters to give us promise for Team GB in the future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moleman27 said:

Actually I would say Tom was ahead at the the end of the season.

Disagree totally.    Bickley was flying at the end of the season.   If you take them head to head in the play-off final, Bickley averaged 9.20  and Brennan 6.00.  

Bickley was in stunning form at the end of the season, like Brennan was at the start and Jenkins was at Mildenhall. With Kyle at Monmore as well this season it will give a better indication of where he is at in general, rather than how well he can ride his home circuit.

How can you say brennan wasn’t the best rider? His average was highest of the 3 and his no average was 7.96. 

As well as this he rode at 7, 1,2,3,4& 5 where as Bickley and Jenkins didn’t go to number 1. Facts speak for themselves, brennan is the better rider without a doubt

9 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

How can you say brennan wasn’t the best rider? His average was highest of the 3 and his no average was 7.96. 

As well as this he rode at 7, 1,2,3,4& 5 where as Bickley and Jenkins didn’t go to number 1. Facts speak for themselves, brennan is the better rider without a doubt

Did he never get an outing at No 6? Any statto know? 

10 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Disagree totally.    Bickley was flying at the end of the season.   If you take them head to head in the play-off final, Bickley averaged 9.20  and Brennan 6.00.  

Much as I hate to get into an argument that is a real politicians manipulation of statistics. 

As Bickley was riding against the weaker losing team he should get more than Brennan against the much stronger winners.  To be more precise the main difference was Bickley got 14 at B Vue aided by retirements from Bewlay and Bailey  whilst Brennan got 6 having to take six rides including heat 15 against Bewlay and Smith.

Not a level playing field but as I said, this year the averages  should give a real comparison.

This seems a very sterile and petty argument.

All three have similar records.

All three are very talented.

Given the right breaks all three will go far and deserve our backing.

• Like 4